Oregano oil for chickens

Hi, I'm sorry, but I can't remember which hen that was...I wish I'd referred to her by name. I don't remember any of our birds being cured by Oregano Oil, but it is a good thing to have around, and I know some commercial farms use Oregano, as it is a sort of natural antibiotic and very good for gut issues.
Thanks for getting back to me. I have given our hen 2 drops with another reccommended remedy. Will wait and see.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have given our hen 2 drops with another reccommended remedy. Will wait and see.
oregano oil is best given 1 drop per food serving in wet mash or in fermented feed as prevention, 2 drops if the bird is sick. Pure oregano oil does not mix with water (no pure oil will) it will just stay as a blob floating on the surface and the chickens won't get any benefit from it at all.

I'm not sure how much to use or if it helps. But you can buy oregano essential oil at my website www.mydoterra.com/bethholt

I am interested to know if it can be given to chickens. I have a hen that had surgery for ruptured eggs in her abdomen and she's been living in my house for a year. She's had a lot of antibiotics & anti-inflamatory drugs during the past year. She is slowly getting better, but I sure would like to get her back in the coop.

I'm not sure how much to use or if it helps. But you can buy oregano essential oil at my website www.mydoterra.com/bethholt

I am interested to know if it can be given to chickens. I have a hen that had surgery for ruptured eggs in her abdomen and she's been living in my house for a year. She's had a lot of antibiotics & anti-inflamatory drugs during the past year. She is slowly getting better, but I sure would like to get her back in the coop.
I gave my sick australorp 1 drop of oregano oil mixed with her fermented feed with a little black pepper (the black pepper helps the body to assimilate the oil better) There are 20 drops in 1 millimeter.
Mix it in the feed throughly so it gets properly dispersed.

I find this method easier than putting the drops in water because oil and water don't mix and the oil, if pure, will just stay in drops in the water and don't disperse throughout. I don't know what the manufacturers of special poultry oregano oil add to make it disperse in the water.

I usually use silver for our birds, I add it to their water from time to time but now I want to try adding a lil oregano oil to their next batch of oatmeal. It tastes pretty nasty so i don't think they would appreciate it being added to their water! Can't imagine it will hurt them any!
I just put 3 drops of oregano oil into my chickens water and they won't touch it. Dumped that and put 1 drop into 2 gallons of water to see if they will drink that. If not, I am going to either put ACV or Silver into their water. I know they will drink that. That oregan oil is very strong. Next spring I will plant oregano for the chickens - I hear that they like it fresh. :)

We have given OOO to our chickens in desperation a few years ago. For some reason, we had cold symptoms - discharge from the nose and coughing. We actually lost a few birds, After dosing each bird (Putting a drop or two directly into the mouth). It was pretty awesome how fast it worked. Chickens who started with the symptoms did not get any worse and in a few days they recovered completely and their appetites returned. No others got sick. We dosed all of them a few more times a week apart. Since then I am doing more supplementation to increase their nutrient intake for better immune support.
I will not hesitate to use it in the future but hopefully won't need to.

I use 100% pure organic oregano oil in my chickens fermented feed when they are under stress or if they are showing signs of any illness or any skin injuries. I add one to two drops per bird per feed. I get the oil from https://www.zanehellas.com/
I also use it for myself and my family in place of antibiotics, but I'd never use it neat - always mix with either some food or some oil before swallowing, as the oil makes a burning sensation.

http://www.ropastore.com/global/poultry

Ropa now has an online store with the specific products for chickens called Ropa Poultry Complete. I received good service from them.

I bought some Ropa from mypetchicken 5 weeks ago and I am now blown away how beautiful my hens look. They are 4 years old and had slowed down on laying. They are back up to production, their combs have never been so deep red and their feathers shine like they have a spotlight on them. I lost a hen to potential coccidia last year so I bought this to protect my new chicks, that are now 12 weeks old. I put the 7 week old chicks and the hens on Ropa when I introduced them into the run together. The run is split, but they share the water. I'm glad to find a natural product to keep away parasites, but I'm so impressed how I can see a huge difference in my older hens. I will feel safe my chicks are protected when I pull them off the medicated feed.

It is expensive if you are trying to make money on eggs. I am not, my chickens are pets and I want them healthy and quality eggs are important to me for a healthy diet. Highly recommend.

http://www.ropastore.com/global/poultry

Ropa now has an online store with the specific products for chickens called Ropa Poultry Complete. I received good service from them.

I bought some Ropa from mypetchicken 5 weeks ago and I am now blown away how beautiful my hens look. They are 4 years old and had slowed down on laying. They are back up to production, their combs have never been so deep red and their feathers shine like they have a spotlight on them. I lost a hen to potential coccidia last year so I bought this to protect my new chicks, that are now 12 weeks old. I put the 7 week old chicks and the hens on Ropa when I introduced them into the run together. The run is split, but they share the water. I'm glad to find a natural product to keep away parasites, but I'm so impressed how I can see a huge difference in my older hens. I will feel safe my chicks are protected when I pull them off the medicated feed.

It is expensive if you are trying to make money on eggs. I am not, my chickens are pets and I want them healthy and quality eggs are important to me for a healthy diet. Highly recommend.
I just purchased some . I only have one Old English Red bantam and I rescued him from acock fighting group. He was a mess and now I do all I can to keep him healthy. He is a courageous little guy. I give him extra supplements and ACV and garlic in his water. He got a scrape on his leg and he got a small infection so along with topical treatments I decided to also put Ropa Poultry complete in his water.
Question: do you use Ropa in your water everyday? Just as a health benefit? Or on and off depending? Ropa says to use everyday. I am worried I am doing overkill with supplements.
Just went through I think Vent fleet with him and he is better but still red around vent and he looks red and irritated all the way under his wings and no feathers!! He does not have lice or mites and I had his poop tested for worms etc and was clear. Can't figure it out. Help!

Back
Top Bottom