Oregano oil works for cocci and worms, it works!

That Oregano is working I’m able to smell in my barns. At the beginning of the winter, when my greens have to stay the whole day in the barn the excrements smell very strong. After two, three weeks giving Oregano you smell nothing anymore in the barns.
Because during summer I don’t give Oregano, because when the birds are outside eating grass etc. it make no sense they would not eat enough of it.
Oregano is good against cozidien and is helping all enterobacteria of the birds and I think this is why after two three weeks I smell nothing anymore.

That word cozidien translated improperly. Pretty sure he means cocci. I too shut mine up in winter, only mine have to winter with chickens.

I was reading the other day they are beginning to do research on its use for cancer. Yea Oregano!

Last edited:
I know this is reviving an old thread. I tried oregeno oil last night for all my birds. I have them 2 drops in their mouth. They were not happy, but this morning there was no worms. This stuff is so expensive, I paid $30 for a small bottle at the herb store.
I was kinda bummed. I guess I'll try garlic.

I know this is reviving an old thread. I tried oregeno oil last night for all my birds. I have them 2 drops in their mouth. They were not happy, but this morning there was no worms. This stuff is so expensive, I paid $30 for a small bottle at the herb store.
do they have worms?

Interestingly, I read a study on the efficacy of oregano vs a coccidia medication, and even when large doses of oregano were (300 mg/kg), the coccidia medication was more effective in treating coccidia.

curious...did you confirm this visually or via a fecal sample?

Well honestly no worms came out. It is winter and I usually worm them in spring, but wormed them now for they were acting a little odd and I thought I saw a worm in the poo. So I tried the oregeno because I really don't like I
Using commercial wormers unless necessary, but no worms came out.

Interestingly, I read a study on the efficacy of oregano vs a coccidia medication, and even when large doses of oregano were (300 mg/kg), the coccidia medication was more effective in treating coccidia.
I know, I read this also. I've read a lot that said it is a good wormed. I did it 2 nights in a row. There were no worms. I know chickens have worms even if you can't see them, it's normal. I also know they only come out in the poo if there is an overload without using a wormer. So since I thought I saw a worm I tried worming them.

I ama also giving it to my one Easter egger instead of an antibiotic, I'm hoping it helps.

Back
Top Bottom