Oregon bill seeks to criminalize breeding/raising livestock for meat

This is stupid. Good thing we moved from Oregon several years ago to live here. We raised pigs, & turkeys in our backyard, back in Oregon in the soul purpose of meat.
There are animal rights groups in every state. Just because a small group of people in Oregon want to put this on the ballot does not mean that it's a reflection of the majority opinion in the state.

There are animal rights groups in every state. Just because a small group of people in Oregon want to put this on the ballot does not mean that it's a reflection of the majority opinion in the state.
They just need to stop complaining over the need of having to butcher an animal for meat, & breeding to produce more animals for the purpose of meat. Like crying out loud, we've been doing this for well over a Thousand years. I don't get them.

Yes the torture of an animal is completely different, like irresponsible Puppy Mill owners who keeps dogs in small cages, get peed, & pooped on by the other dogs above them, & being bred over, & over again without a break is understandable to be angry at.

Hoping you're right. I don't live in Oregon so I don't know how mainstream this viewpoint is or how far along in the process it is. It's unsettling because it seems to dovetail with a narrative I've been encountering a lot about the need to forcibly curtail meat production and consumption. There's been a lot of rhetoric from people like Bill Gates and some environmental groups, and I've heard rumors about adding taxes and ceilings on meat sales at the national level, all in the name of reducing global warming and protecting the environment. So I can't help but wonder if bills like this might have sponsors with more influence, or broader support among progressives and environmentalists in the state.

Yes the torture of an animal is completely different, like irresponsible Puppy Mill owners who keeps dogs in small cages, get peed, & pooped on by the other dogs above them, & being bred over, & over again without a break is understandable to be angry at.
This type of activity is already covered by the existing animal cruelty laws. This proposal is for changes in the language of the existing law to remove many of the exemptions, including responsible established animal husbandry practices.

This type of activity is already covered by the existing animal cruelty laws. This proposal is for changes in the language of the existing law to remove many of the exemptions, including responsible established animal husbandry practices.
Yes, I understand that I was using it as a comparison to the stupid bill on the differences, if that makes sense.

Yes that makes sense. I just wanted to clarify in case anyone wasn't aware and might think that criminalizing instances of actual abuse might be a redeeming factor for the new proposal.
It's okay.
Just thought it needed a comparison to show how stupid it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom