Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Tallyho-both of your little girls went broody and that's ok with me! I put 12 under one and 8 under the other. They are the MFC eggs. So I should have several chicks very soon! At least they are sweet broodies! They don't try to bite my finger off when I want to get the new eggs out from under them.
lol.png
I hand feed them treats and they love it.

Yes, you should put more eggs in the bator! I think even if you don't want to save them for the swap, then you could always sell them locally. They are so cute! My first little one is getting spots on her wings already, very cute! And I totally agree with you on the non-shipped hatches! They are so lovely!

Clover-sorry about your little serama! Your little black Americauana girl is doing well. She is growing up with my silkies until she is a little bigger to go into the laying coop. She is a sweetie! I hope you don't mind, but I call her Clover. te he

I got my 3 lambs!! I ended up finding them locally for a good deal. They are 3 little black girls! They are very cute, but very wild! Maaaaaa......

I also got 2 pregnant Nigerian dwarf goats this weekend! I know at least one of them is prego. They/she is due in a month. I am so excited! YAY!

It is a beautiful day here and I hope everyone gets out and enjoys it!

Congrats Tallyho and daze!
clap.gif

And yes, please hold the little roo for me Dancing Hen. My family is mad at me, but oh well lol. I need to move some chickens around and clean out some cages first and of course, get through graduation with my daughter in a couple weekends. I am over in Philomath so not that far plus I like driving to the coast
smile.png
We used to rent beach houses in Lincoln City all the time so I'm somewhat familiar with the area.

Today, not such a good day. My last special needs chick - severe 3 mo old cross beak - is dying (and I'm not strong enough to help it along) and so is my 5 year old special needs cat - blind and mentally handicapped
hit.gif
I am at 90% failure rate this season for special needs chicks - I'm done taking them in. My feed store is going to have to find someone else. I just cannot handle the heartache anymore...and my cat, well that is just breaking my heart. She had some issues breathing (fluid fills her chest cavity) over the winter and after a month long fight, we had it under control with meds. The meds are no longer working and now her kidneys are shutting down from the meds on top of her chest being filled with liquid. She can't eat, drink or breath. It's been a really long night for me. Thankfully my vet got me in this morning
sad.png

Quote:
You talked me in to it. I'll set them tonight. What's a few more chicks gonna hurt? They are so sweet and I don't think it was necessarily my handling. They're born sweet and very calm. How cute, broody sisters! Although if they are already going broody...they might be the kind that drive you nuts!

Congrats on the other new babies!!! You think you'll have goats milk by the swap?

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL I have a "Clover" too - the first chick I ever hatched, she's a d'Uccle. That's one of the places my farm name came from.
big_smile.png

Laura - I am SO sorry about your kitty!!
hit.gif
And all the chicks this year!
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Zoo-so sorry to hear of your heartache with special needs chicks and your cat too! That is so hard! I find it easier to do a mercy killing (chicks) than to watch them suffer. Anyway, good luck with both! I am sending hugs your way!
hugs.gif
Maybe you need to stop by the store and get a gallon (not half gallon!) of moose tracks ice cream and a chick flick and take a day of rest!

Quote:
You talked me in to it. I'll set them tonight. What's a few more chicks gonna hurt? They are so sweet and I don't think it was necessarily my handling. They're born sweet and very calm. How cute, broody sisters! Although if they are already going broody...they might be the kind that drive you nuts!

Congrats on the other new babies!!! You think you'll have goats milk by the swap?

That's ok, I don't mind sweet broodies.
tongue.png
I am not sure about the goats milk. It will depend on how many kids she has. But I sure hope so!
wink.png

Thanks guys
smile.png
It's been a really long day already and yes, I am going to take the rest of the day off. I don't have it in me to do anything productive today other than take care of my animals and move the laundry around. I haven't even ate yet. The family is getting hot dogs tonight for dinner and I better not hear one peep from any of them!
lol.png
I buried Zoe in one of my gardens with the ashes of my other pets who have passed over the past decade (don't ask why I had all the ashes lol) and filled my bird bath with lilac blooms as a marker. She was very loved in her few short years and will continue to be. As far as the chick, I haven't had the energy to go check on her again. I wish I had taken her to Cloverleaf when I went a couple weeks ago....but even more I wish I wasn't such a pansy and could do what I need to do
sad.png

Quote:
You're not a pansy (unless you mean the pretty purple kind!
big_smile.png
). It's definitely NOT for everyone!!
sad.png
I have been TRAINED to detach myself from it, and still can't do that every time....

Back
Top Bottom