Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
Lol!
lol.png
I kept him in a large brooder/cage my husband built out of wood and hardware cloth. He never escpaed from that....I guess he's feeling his oats!
roll.png
Good luck figuring it out. Hope they don't keep you up too late.

Just wanted to share a few pics of my new chicks now that they have fluffed up. There are currently 5 chicks hatched, and a few more eggs in the bator I think are duds. Anyway, I hatched 3 gold laced polish, and 2 mix breed polish. Here are a few of them.
82361_oregon_zoo_and_chicks_357.jpg

82361_oregon_zoo_and_chicks_286.jpg

And here are a few shots of my first chick to hatch. It is supposed to be a crele mix polish, and it appears to have every color imaginable on it! It has white and bluish speckles and stripes over gold and black. Very strange. Can't wait to see how this one decides to feather out!
82361_oregon_zoo_and_chicks_370.jpg

82361_oregon_zoo_and_chicks_376.jpg

82361_oregon_zoo_and_chicks_377.jpg

I'm having so much fun hatching eggs....maybe I'll have some nice birds to bring to the swap.
big_smile.png

Hope I'm not overdueing all the pics....just very excited to hatch these babies!
celebrate.gif

Just an update;
wink.png

Last night ended up not as bad as I thought.
clap.gif
Either I finally got everyone in a cage they couldn't get out of, or everyone was just so tired they didn't really care anymore.
hu.gif
But everyone was safe and secure (and still in the same cage) when I woke and went in for morning feeding.
celebrate.gif
(they would have been ok if they had gotten out again. I made sure that no dogs or cats could get in, and no birds could get out of the room. I just really didn't want to have to clean up poop Lord knows where!)
sickbyc.gif
So Yea! all poop was in cages, right were it is suppose to be!
thumbsup.gif

Oh, I also forgot to tell...The serama hen I got from Cloverleaf, she really is a sweetheart!
love.gif
And sooooo laid back! I got her out last night and she watch some tv with us, me and the dogs.
pop.gif
She didn't even seem to care about the dogs. Most of the other birds either peck or try to get away from the dogs. Which seems to always makes the dogs 'more' interested. Last night, the dogs came up to the hen sniffed at her, she did nothing. The dogs just didn't know what to do. They just laid down next to her.
woot.gif
So it was me, the new hen and 4 dogs all piled up on the bed watching TV. It was the nice and the most quiet of time last night!
th.gif

And on another note; While some of the birds where out, Hef and Frankie went up to the black silkie. The way they where all 'puffed' up and ready to go at one another,
smack.gif
makes me think that 'he' is a 'he'. The other silkies didn't react that way, just the black one. I think they would have fought
rant.gif
if I hadn't separated them. But thats ok, they will always be in different cages. So they should never be able to get into any fights. The silkies and the D'uccles will all be outside, and the seramas will be inside.
celebrate.gif

Hey all,
I have quite a few young Serama pairs (7 I think) that are almost ready to be adopted out!
celebrate.gif
I have different colors, and different lines, including a frizzle boy and a frizzle girl (who will not go together)
hide.gif
that I will try to put together in ways that I think will make some nice combos, if you are interested and want to switch the combos around that will be fine also! I will post pics soon but I just wanted to post on here to see if anyone was interested before listing other places. So let me know if there is anything you are looking for, Zoomumzy, and Cloverleaf have first dibs, as they were interested when they were just eggs, but if they don't want any then all of them are game!
wee.gif

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom