Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
woot.gif
That's fantastic Congratulations!

x2! Congrats
clap.gif

You're welcome
big_smile.png
It is an awesome building! I did a lot of networking yesterday, passed out flyers, talked to other chicken lovers in the building and around the barns....they are all really excited! I have one 4H table arranged already and I'm hoping for another too. Some of the 4Hers will be bringing chickens and maybe other small animals for sale/swap too. Everyone I talk about the swap is super excited and can't wait till October!

Last edited:
I'm new to this thread and forgive me, I didn't read this whole long thread.
hide.gif
I do live within driving distance of Corvallis however and have lotsa chickens.

I mostly am looking for a russian orloff roo and would be interested in coming only if someone had one of good quality. I don't have much to offer in trade, but I would buy a fair-priced russian orloff roo or cockerel especially if they had a couple hens to sell, I only have two, but they have been real good chickens.

How would I find out on this thread if anyone might have just this one type? And if I don't have anything interesting to trade, can I buy into the deal somehow? I have some ordinary extra chickens but doubt many of you would want Buff Orpingtons crosses or my extra EE cockerels.

Quote:
Welcome!! We hope that you will come to the swap and enjoy the day with us and your ordinary chickens are the chickens most people coming to the swap (off the street etc) want! Also most people deal in cash so no worries if you do not have anything to swap. Right now, the most updated list is on page 146 (you can always refer back to the very first post in the thread for the latest update), but there will be another one coming very soon (as soon as I sift through all the pages
lol.png
) You can also go to our website for more information.

Quote:
I'm getting a breeding pair of Spangled Orloffs in about a month. I could potentially put you with a roo but not for the swap. Maybe for the spring swap. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thank you, Zoomummys!

Quote:
I'm getting a breeding pair of Spangled Orloffs in about a month. I could potentially put you with a roo but not for the swap. Maybe for the spring swap. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

springtime might actually be great timing for me, better than fall. How often do y'all have these? mine ARE spangled orloffs so that is the kind I'd be looking for.

Quote:

springtime might actually be great timing for me, better than fall. How often do y'all have these? mine ARE spangled orloffs so that is the kind I'd be looking for.

You're welcome! We have them twice a year - usually April and October. Next spring we will be back up in the Portland/Canby area. If you follow this thread, we will roll it right into the next thread!

Does anyone have Muscovy Ducks? Are they really as quiet/friendly as they seem? Are they really not as messy as other ducks? Would they do well with Bantams? If so, I might add one or two??? If you were looking for a duck or two that wouldn't freak out your neighbors, harass your bantams or make your yard into a wasteland...(does such a creature exist???) what would you go with??
Thanks,
Julie

Back
Top Bottom