Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
Lol I have no doubt about that. They were a sassy bunch! Feel free to rename them as you see fit. It is always hard picking names and seeing if they grow into them! I can't wait to see photos of them as they mature. Some of them are just amazing with their penciling and colors.

Yeah, remember that I was going to change Anthea's name? Never did. She's just an Anthea!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I got my d'uccles (one is a porcelain) from a woman in Ridgefield. She lives out by Shorty's. If you want, I can pm you her phone number. I have 4 of hers. Let me know if you want that number.

Updated have / want list:

Want:
Pesto from AyeUp
Feta goat cheese from OregonJen
Vanilla from silkiechicken
A bantam Faverolle sized chicken diaper (no liner) from Celiandy

Have:

4 pairs black or black / lavender split bantam Ameraucanas (your choice), near POL, some may be laying by swap time.
1 pair breeder quality bantam salmon Faverolles
1 VERY NICE bantam blue salmon Faverolle cockerel. (Would be an excellent breeder, this guy has PERFECT toes)
1 partridge Chantecler pullet, near POL
1 pair bantam buff Orpingtons, about 3 months old
2 pairs bantam wheaten Cubalayas, about 3 months old
1 bantam wheaten Cubalaya cockerel (same shipment as above pairs)

I would like to get these birds gone asap, so if anybody wants anything please let me know!!

I will also have hatching eggs available from the following:
Large fowl black / blue Ameraucanas
Large fowl salmon Faverolles
bantam salmon / blue salmon Faverolles
bantam Ameraucanas, definitely black / lavender splits, but possibly b/b/s by then, the b/b/s pullets should start laying any time
Seramas - I have 2 breeding pens set up, one is a tri color male with a mottled female, the other is a tri color pair with a black tailed buff frizzled female

Most of these eggs are also available now if anyone is interested in hatching some before the swap.
smile.png
BUT I am NOT reserving hatching eggs for the swap itself, the eggs will be first come, first served only.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks again so much!!! Doddie Truedson has some really nice porcelain d'Uccles, I don't know how many girls she has available right now, but she had a nice pair for sale at the Clackamas County fair this week. Also, you can use mille fleur hens with him too, because the porcelain is mille fleur diluted out by lavender. I THINK if you bred mf's to him you'd get some porcelain and some mille fleur.
smile.png
I think. Either that or it makes splits, but I think you'd get both.

So, when you take roos to your feed store, you give them to the store and then they sell them for whatever amount they see fit right? Do they just take your roos because they have a relationship with you as a customer, or will they take roos from anyone? I have a S-ton of roos that need to go elsewhere, and I can't give them away on CL right now....
hmm.png

How can I get a hold of Doddie? I may be going to the fair but not sure yet...

When I take rooster to the feed store they are on display just as you walk in and are usually for sale at $10.00 each. The thinking being, that's more than what someone would pay for a dinner type bird. When I have asked they always tell me the roosters I bring in are bought by people needing a flock rooster. Anyway.. they usually only will have about 4 at a time so they don't have too many to take care of. I give them the rooster and they keep the money. Its a quick way for me to reduce the flock and I am not staying home waiting for a CL call. Now my breeder quality birds I don't take up there as I can get more online or word of mouth. The feed store knows me and will actually call me when someone is looking for something specific. They do take bantam roosters too.. currently they have two white game birds as well as my 3 big birds. Once the ones currently there sell I can bring in a few of yours if you just want them gone to reduce the numbers. I have always gotten the feeling that the roosters are from customers that have bought peeps hoping all were pullets and found out otherwise. They always will take mine that I hatch if there is room so its not a hard and fast rule.

Hi all,
I don't think I can make it to the swap this time. It is just too far away without staying the night. I think I better take my list off the list.
Hope you all have loads of fun!

Back
Top Bottom