Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Geez, you didn't get my email... I sent you a list...

Greens, tomatoes... peas and beans if you have em.. pepper, onions... and I came back with a couple of good birds for you but you had already left.. I am still holding on to them... One I did part with oooops... (saw a silky)... my bad... but I will give you a nice one out of my keepy pile.. All of what is left is the keepy pile... I had a wheaton marans and a black for you.. How does that sound for a tradie item????

Let me know when we can swap... Loved the stuff you brought... what a nice little family...Yep I will hitch a ride and help you load etc...

Quote:
I'm so glad you were able to join us! I think the man might have been Lensters....

The next thread is already started and we are in the final stage of finalizing a date....it will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis. (check out my tag line)

Corvallis, I can do! Thanks for the heads-up.
smile.png

This last meet was so last minute for me and I'm so new to the forum that I didn't really experience it as a social event, just a great swap meet. People seemed to be very busy meeting people they'd already interacted with online. It was fun to see.

I really liked the couple from whom I bought the eight pullets and the gentleman I mentioned above, but I failed to get their names. I think I'll recognize them in Corvallis if they're there and, hopefully, I'll meet some of the rest of you. I think I overheard someone referring to ZooMummzy as the woman with house-chickens and that made me smile.

That would be me
smile.png
Cheesecakes and house chickens...I can hook you up with both lol

Last edited:
Kathydid2011

If your talking about the couple that had the chickens in the horse trailor, they were from Colton, Or. We talked to him and he was very nice. Got 2 BLRW from him also and had just asked about the Americauna when you bought it from his wife
hit.gif

However, I didn't get his name.

Quote:
Corvallis, I can do! Thanks for the heads-up.
smile.png

This last meet was so last minute for me and I'm so new to the forum that I didn't really experience it as a social event, just a great swap meet. People seemed to be very busy meeting people they'd already interacted with online. It was fun to see.

I really liked the couple from whom I bought the eight pullets and the gentleman I mentioned above, but I failed to get their names. I think I'll recognize them in Corvallis if they're there and, hopefully, I'll meet some of the rest of you. I think I overheard someone referring to ZooMummzy as the woman with house-chickens and that made me smile.

That would be me
smile.png

I love it! I keep teasing my husband and telling him we could use chicken diapers and just bring in my favorites. He's totally not into it. lol If I want to hang with the girls I have to go out to the coop (thankfully, it's a very nice coop) or else wander the property. I do both, a lot!

Cheesecake? Yum! I need the low-cal version, dagnabit!

Quote:
That would be me
smile.png

I love it! I keep teasing my husband and telling him we could use chicken diapers and just bring in my favorites. He's totally not into it. lol If I want to hang with the girls I have to go out to the coop (thankfully, it's a very nice coop) or else wander the property. I do both, a lot!

Not sure I can pull one of them off lol...low cal/low fat products in a cheesecake just don't work well...but you never know...since it's so close to my house, I might be able to bring a non-baked cheesecake for you in which I can use low fat products. And don't worry, everyone else who bought Seramas from me to keep in their house said the same thing when this thread started
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, that's them! They were so cool.
smile.png
I came looking to buy two Wyandottes and ended up leaving with three Wyandottes and five others, including the little Americauna we've named Olivia. I'd just found the forum and posted for the first time around 11:00 pm the night before the meet. The woman with the white horse trailer responded and said she had some Wyandottes and I should come early if I wanted to see them. I was there by 10:00 and watched them set up. They had the nicest pullets. Anyway, I'm sorry there weren't two Americaunas, one for me and one for you!

How are you BLRWs settling in? My three are very bossy! lol They strutted right out of the crate and took charge of the coop as soon as we got home!

Last edited:
Quote:

Not sure I can pull one of them off lol...low cal/low fat products in a cheesecake just don't work well...but you never know...since it's so close to my house, I might be able to bring a non-baked cheesecake for you in which I can use low fat products. And don't worry, everyone else who bought Seramas from me to keep in their house said the same thing when this thread started
gig.gif

I'll probably come home from the next meet with one of your house chickens under my arm and a cheesecake that I'll just have to pretend is low-fat! LOL

Quote:
smile.png
) I came looking to buy two Wyandottes and ended up leaving with three Wyandottes and five others, including the little Americauna we've named Olivia. I'd just found the forum and posted for the first time around 11:00 pm the night before the meet. The woman with the white horse trailer responded and said she had some Wyandottes and I should come early if I wanted to see them. I was there by 10:00 and watched them set up. They had the nicest pullets. Anyway, I'm sorry there weren't two Americaunas, one for me and one for you!

How are you BLRWs settling in? My three are very bossy! lol They strutted right out of the crate and took charge of the coop as soon as we got home!

That was feathers4fun, her name is Shawna,
smile.png

Quote:
gig.gif

I'll probably come home from the next meet with one of your house chickens under my arm and a cheesecake that I'll just have to pretend is low-fat! LOL

Now that's what we like to hear!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
smile.png
) I came looking to buy two Wyandottes and ended up leaving with three Wyandottes and five others, including the little Americauna we've named Olivia. I'd just found the forum and posted for the first time around 11:00 pm the night before the meet. The woman with the white horse trailer responded and said she had some Wyandottes and I should come early if I wanted to see them. I was there by 10:00 and watched them set up. They had the nicest pullets. Anyway, I'm sorry there weren't two Americaunas, one for me and one for you!

That was feathers4fun, her name is Shawna,
smile.png

Thanks for that.
smile.png
Now that you've said it I recognize the name Shawna. :thumps self on head:

Back
Top Bottom