Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Was he tall???? Sounds like Lensters.... He is da bomb!!! What a nice fellow..

OH and WELCOME TO BYC!!!

Quote:
celebrate.gif

That was me. I was loading the truck. It was great to talk to you about Marans. If I have questions now I have another resource in addition to PInkchick!!

Yeah I actually swapped at my first Swap!!!
thumbsup.gif
That is in addition to selling and buying of course. Also how old or about when was her hatch date? I like to keep track on what my husband calls my chicken scorecard. LOL! Also it helps on when to switch feeds.

Keep a record on the little hen.. There are ppl that would trade a leg for one!!!
smile.png
She may end up dark or with a good hackle...It is a little early to tell... Do you have a rooster yet???

Okay you are on my Buddy list..
smile.png

Little silky is in with Barredra a 12 year old hen... They should be fast friends.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm so glad you were able to join us! I think the man might have been Lensters....

The next thread is already started and we are in the final stage of finalizing a date....it will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis. (check out my tag line)

Quote:
Yes, I have 2 of Pinkchicks boys. Both are beautiful Roos, a blue and a splash.

When I bought the second, a splash with other hens, I put him in the pen thinking that there would be fighting for dominanace that would occur. Its like they both said ahh a brother from another mother, and narry a peep out of them.
thumbsup.gif

I really couldn't believe it! LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you for the welcome.
smile.png
)

I don't remember him being tall but he might have been! We were mostly stooped over looking at his pullets.
smile.png
He was set up either first or second in from the parking lot entrance. He had mixed groups of pullets of different ages, lots of hybrid layers (Black Sex Link, Red Sex Link, Golden Comets) and a few Wyandottes and RIRs, as I recollect. He gave me a lot of great information about chick sexing and development. It might have been Lensters. I didn't even think to look for a name tag. Anyway, we appreciated his kindness and the time he gave us. I'd like to purchase a couple of RIR and RSL pullets and he seemed like a good source. Of course, I have no idea where he's located! I would have bought them on the spot but I only brought one crate and it was already full by the time I got to him.

Quote:
I'm so glad you were able to join us! I think the man might have been Lensters....

The next thread is already started and we are in the final stage of finalizing a date....it will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis. (check out my tag line)

Corvallis, I can do! Thanks for the heads-up.
smile.png

This last meet was so last minute for me and I'm so new to the forum that I didn't really experience it as a social event, just a great swap meet. People seemed to be very busy meeting people they'd already interacted with online. It was fun to see.

I really liked the couple from whom I bought the eight pullets and the gentleman I mentioned above, but I failed to get their names. I think I'll recognize them in Corvallis if they're there and, hopefully, I'll meet some of the rest of you. I think I overheard someone referring to ZooMummzy as the woman with house-chickens and that made me smile.

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome.
smile.png
)

I don't remember him being tall but he might have been! We were mostly stooped over looking at his pullets.
smile.png
He was set up either first or second in from the parking lot entrance. He had mixed groups of pullets of different ages, lots of hybrid layers (Black Sex Link, Red Sex Link, Golden Comets) and a few Wyandottes and RIRs, as I recollect. He gave me a lot of great information about chick sexing and development. It might have been Lensters. I didn't even think to look for a name tag. Anyway, we appreciated his kindness and the time he gave us. I'd like to purchase a couple of RIR and RSL pullets and he seemed like a good source. Of course, I have no idea where he's located! I would have bought them on the spot but I only brought one crate and it was already full by the time I got to him.

Pretty sure you're talking about Lensters. He's just north of corvallis towards adiar village.

Quote:
Are you talking about the next swap? You're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me. DH said he's staying home with the babe next time
big_smile.png
I still need to talk veg starts with you! Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular!

Back
Top Bottom