Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Quote:
lau.gif

I'll hold a raffle at noon for BYC bumper stickers and the BYC Raising Chickens for Dummies! Not sure about them roo's though. LOL

Awww c'mon Silkie...I thought we had a deal
gig.gif

Quote:
I just ascertained that at least one set of neighbors wouldn't mind the rooster... they are buying my eggs... oh, it's soooo tempting!!
big_smile.png

Tempt, tempt, tempt.......
wink.png
I have some adorable ones....brothers to your Delphine
smile.png

Quote:
I had been considering bringing one of my Buff Orpingtons to the swap; she's a great layer and is a year old. Easy to pick up and quite big and fluffy. Tell me if you want me to bring her.

Cathy, yes please...how much will you be asking for her? They are looking for 2 layers right now so this would be one
smile.png

Quote:
you got it Laura. To avoid confusion etc I'm just making all the six packs $3. There should be about 10 onion starts in each cell. You'll want to separate them as gently as you can when you plant them. Id recommend sooner than later.

Totally forgot to ask.... I think. I bought three BCM chicks from Andy in Corvallis and turns out the three I chose are Roos..... Anyone possibly interested in two young BCM Roos?

Quote:
Great! I just finished up batches of cinnamon boysenberry and also raspberry jam! We'll figure out a part trade...

But as I was just spooning in the last two jars, I glanced out a side window -- and all the hens are out of the yard, across the gravel road, grazing at my neighbors! Arrgh!
barnie.gif
I had to run outside and shoo them all back (actually, lift them over the fence -- I don't know where the opening they found is!) and then close them into a smaller area until I find the "leak"... all the jam is now safely boiling in its canning bath... but for a moment I was almost tempted to toss one of them in too!
somad.gif

Quote:
Cathy, yes please...how much will you be asking for her? They are looking for 2 layers right now so this would be one
smile.png

I'll PM you about it... I'm so bad on setting prices!

Back
Top Bottom