Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

I do have about 3 or 4 big yearling BCM/Australorp Roosters

Also have severeal Pullet & 1yr ols laying Blue Silkies
Sorry I missed the update...

Whistle Creek Farm:

Bringing:

Pet/SQ/BQ Ameraucana Hens
Pet/BQ Silver Penciled Wyandontte Hen
SQ/BQ Sicilian Buttercup Hen
Goat Milk Soaps
Assortment of Seed started flowers
Possible Goats Milk
Nigerian Dwarf kids?

Wanting:

SQ/BQ Breeding Pairs of:
Mille Fleur D'uccle, Black Mottled D'uccle, Standard Salmon Faverolle, Porcelain D'uccle, Black Mottled Cochin.
((Really want these breeding pairs ANY of them,, I have been looking forever!))
SQ/BQ Pullets or Hens:
Black Mottled Cochin, Wheaten Ameraucana, Frizzle Polish, Bantam Polish, Black Copper Maran,
Blue Silkie, Partrige Silkie, Olive Eggers, Cochin-(any color but white please).
Chicks:
Meat breeds 3 roosters
Salmon Faverolle standard
Black Mottled Cochin
Mille Fleur D'uccle
Black Mottled D'uccle
Black Copper Maran
Olive Eggers
Polish standard and bantam

So does anyone want to take my little Elmer? He just needs poly-vi-sol and vitamin E everyday. He needs to be kept separate from other chickens as they attack him because his little neck is sideways
sad.png

Life has been crazy here so I had to take a long break. Hi everyone
frow.gif

I do not believe I will be bringing anything but I am ISO...

Polish pullets
Turkey poults
LF Salmon Favs
Jersey Giants

Sorry I missed the update...

Whistle Creek Farm:

Bringing:

Pet/SQ/BQ Ameraucana Hens
Pet/BQ Silver Penciled Wyandontte Hen
SQ/BQ Sicilian Buttercup Hen
Goat Milk Soaps
Assortment of Seed started flowers
Possible Goats Milk
Nigerian Dwarf kids?

Wanting:

SQ/BQ Breeding Pairs of:
Mille Fleur D'uccle, Black Mottled D'uccle, Standard Salmon Faverolle, Porcelain D'uccle, Black Mottled Cochin.
((Really want these breeding pairs ANY of them,, I have been looking forever!))
SQ/BQ Pullets or Hens:
Black Mottled Cochin, Wheaten Ameraucana, Frizzle Polish, Bantam Polish, Black Copper Maran,
Blue Silkie, Partrige Silkie, Olive Eggers, Cochin-(any color but white please).
Chicks:
Meat breeds 3 roosters
Salmon Faverolle standard
Black Mottled Cochin
Mille Fleur D'uccle
Black Mottled D'uccle
Black Copper Maran
Olive Eggers
Polish standard and bantam

How much are you asking for the Penciled wyandotte? I might want to buy her as a gift for my neighbor!

My updated list. I promise I will post again when I'm actually supposed to, Cloverleaf :D

Bringing
Gram's Jam in strawberry & apple butter
Serama pairs & trio--one silkied cockerel, the rest smooth
Silver laced bantam cochin pullets, 8 wks old
Calico, black/lav bantam cochin chicks
Handmade jewelry

Want
Pullets for a friend, breed TBD
Bantam cochin hatching eggs (from BQ/SQ pens)
Assorted handmade items

Just as a heads-up, I won't be able to make trades with Gram's Jam. Also, what do the rest of you bringing chicks use to keep them warm? I'm assuming we won't have access to electricity at the park. Handwarmers?

Ooops - I missed the update, too. I've been crazy busy, but I still want to come to the swap! Does anyone have space for a card table under their canopy?

Bringing

homemade jams (4oz, 1/2 pint, pint sizes) I have the following flavors, but I won't be bringing everything, so please post here (or message me) if there's a flavor (or size) you want!
orange marmalade, strawberry, strawberry-lemon, marmalade, raspberry-orange, raspberry nectarine, peach, boysenberry, cinnamon-boysenberry
, and tomato citrus

fabric chicken kitchen stuff - tea cozies, potholders, biscuit warmers
chicken-shaped purses
chicken jewelry

Wanting
honey from Zanna
vanilla
(probably other stuff - haven't looked)

PS - I just snuck some day-old chicks under my bantam broody and I'm watching to be sure it works!! Wish me luck!

Also, what do the rest of you bringing chicks use to keep them warm? I'm assuming we won't have access to electricity at the park. Handwarmers?

They make cigarette lighter adapters that are electrical outlets. You can also rig up an extension cord or an adapter to connect to a car battery. You then plug the lamp into this.

Hand warmers also work. You can also just keep the chicks in a smallish box and their own body heat will keep them warm. You then just take one or two out at a time for display and put them back when they start to get cold.

Yes, hopefully it will be warm enough we don't have to worry. Any chicks I'm bringing will be about 2 weeks old and won't need as much care.

barnie.gif
Not sure if I get to go now, ugh, family member hospital stay early that week (health beats chickens of course) and retirement party NOW on that day for another family member, sigh. But if I get to come I am going to try NOT to hatch anything to sell (hahaha) and sticking with my list as few hatching eggs selections (of what gets laid that week). So, at this point my list is the same Cloverleaf and hopeful to come.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom