Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

Bringing:

Cochin hatching eggs and chicks (Bantam)
Rumpless (Double tufted and non tufted) Araucana Hatching eggs (LF)
Silkie Hatching eggs (Buff/ Blue-Black-Splash)

Wanted:

1 Nice Blue Silkie Hen
Nice small Frizzle Serama Roo (not color specific)
Nice Buff Silkie Hens (5-6)
2 Nice Black Silkie Hens

This should be my final (and mini) list

Bringing (if I get to come):
Quail d'anver hatching eggs
Saxony Duck hatching eggs
Possibly a lamancha goat kid (wether) born just before Easter

Wanting:
Colored leg bands
Marans Rooster - blue, blue copper, blue splash, etc for flock /egg color important but
does not need to be show quality

Last edited:
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking!!

Quote:
tongue.gif

Quote:
You don't ask for much, do ya?
roll.png
gig.gif

I am ordering heat packs and thinking about bringing some extras to sell for those who just want a few chicks and have a long drive.
They are the 40 hour small animal heat packs. I would have to charge $3 to cover cost and shipping.
Would there be any interest from anyone or should I just buy my own for me?

I am ordering heat packs and thinking about bringing some extras to sell for those who just want a few chicks and have a long drive.
They are the 40 hour small animal heat packs. I would have to charge $3 to cover cost and shipping.
Would there be any interest from anyone or should I just buy my own for me?

Before you pay to have them shipped to you, check with your local Fred Meyer to see if they have a full box you can buy. They should still have some this time of year... ;)

I did, they don't. I also checked my local big 5 sporting goods and they only have them seasonally...... Stumped where else to look for them without driving all over town? I might be able to find them a little cheaper online so I can cut the cost a little bit. I was mainly just wondering if there would be anyone interested or if anyone else was already bringing them?

Here is my bringing/want list!

Bringing:

2 PQ bantam cochin roos
1 PQ Bantam Cochin/D'anver cross roo
1 PQ Bantam Brahma Roo

Depending on how things go i may not have any spiral legbands available at the swap.

Wanted:

Royal Palm Tom of breeding age or, if none are available, any tom will work, since i just want some poults.

I forgot a few things when I updated this a couple of days ago, so let's try this again:

Have -
Dominique, Orpington, Americauna, Americauna X and Orpington X chicks.
Japanese chicks - black tailed buff, lavenders, greys and blacks
Various hatching eggs - Americaunas, Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers, Orpington, Japanese, Dominique
A very nice black Americauna cock - very, beautiful, show quality but having problems hatching chicks from him so not for breeding.
1yr old pair of Black Tail Buff Japanese - great little birds, good producers, just focusing on other varieties. These two are med length leg.
Two Dominiwue cock birds - from reputable breeder but not what we are needing for our lines right now, very nice looking birds.
Vegetable starts - lots of tomatoes, beans, peas, etc.
Feeder roaches - our birds LOVE these! They are loaded with live proteins and other nutrition the birds cannot get from a plant based diet alone. We will sell about 30 (w/ 1 adult pair) for $10. These multiply fast, are extremely easy to care for, and are not an invasive species if they happen to escape (our weather is too cold). They eat almost anything, love oranges :). They are slow moving and flightless so it takes away from the ick factor, but the birds really LOVE these guys, great for training aids. Perfect way to bring some animal protein to your birds without worrying what else those bugs have fed on.

Want -
Trading strawberry starts for eggs with SkySchazade
An american black or blue Orpington pullet or hen - breeder/show quality
A black or blue breeder/show quality Americauna cock

Came back from the Stevenson show about 2 hours ago and was very disappointed in the sale birds. Definitely more silkies and bantams for sale, but not so many large sized birds. Also, not many birds period. Got there early (9:30am) like Cloverleaf said to do. Also, only one pair of ducks available. Didn't recognize the breed. Poo! Wasted trip, but it was a beautiful day for a drive.

If anyone is looking for Muscovy ducks, there's a lady in Stevenson with a Craigslist ad for them today. I called her while I was there, but she didn't return my call until I was already back in Troutdale.

It is best to check the open show and see who is showing the breeds you are wanting, and see if they will sell birds off the showroom floor or if they can get you other stock from home. Many of the best birds are not in the sale area.

Back
Top Bottom