Oregon

Way down here in Medford it's a bit cloudy but not raining. I woke up to 2 surprise sizzle chicks in an incubator that I thought was done. One doesn't have black pigment and is not doing well. I don't think it's going to make it. All I could find about culling was scissors to the neck. Maybe that's quickest but I was thinking about my old vet's wife that put down puppies in the freezer.....

Loving the sounds of the new chicks behind me in the brooder.

Happy Mothers Day to all your mom's out there.

Julie

Quote:
Scissors to the neck is what I do. I just imagine this: Would I want to freeze to death? No, not so much. If I got to choose, I would choose the fastest way that I would feel the least....
hmm.png

Quote:
Yes, raining buckets here.
sad.png

Happy Mother's Day!!
smile.png

You can always borrow eggs from me & hatch me some Favs if ya want to let your broodies sit and not be left with a ton of chicks....

Drive safe!

And happy MD to you too! I like that idea! I'd love to hatch fav eggs for you, well my broodies would. Did you see my thought about another project you could work on?

No, I didn't see it....but that's JUST what I need...another breeding project!
sickbyc.gif
Is 5 not enough??? LOL
smack.gif
lau.gif

Happy Mother's Day to all of you - whether your babies be two-legged, four-legged, furred, finned, feathered or scaled, your Mommy-ness makes the world a better place!! Have a wonderful day, everyone ♥

mothers-day-rose.jpg

Quote:
Scissors to the neck is what I do. I just imagine this: Would I want to freeze to death? No, not so much. If I got to choose, I would choose the fastest way that I would feel the least....
hmm.png

I heard PVC pipe cutters work.

Quote:
And happy MD to you too! I like that idea! I'd love to hatch fav eggs for you, well my broodies would. Did you see my thought about another project you could work on?

sickbyc.gif
Is 5 not enough??? LOL
smack.gif
lau.gif

Look up salmon cochins
droolin.gif

I'm ready when you are!

Quote:
sickbyc.gif
Is 5 not enough??? LOL
smack.gif
lau.gif

Look up salmon cochins
droolin.gif

I'm ready when you are!

Just get yourself a black cochin roo, and with your 2 fav girls you should be good to go!

I'll second that one!!

From KATU News/Weather:

Sunday, May 8
Today's Forecast
Sunday, May, 8th....Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! I wish I could have better weather for your special day, but once again we're going to see cooler and wet conditions, with a chance for an afternoon thunderstorm. Highs will only be getting into the mid to upper 50s. If you have plans to head through the mountain passes, snow level drops to 2,500 feet with up to three inches possible.

There is good news to our very wet and cool spring, NOAA is forecasting an end to La Nina by the end of the month. That means things should begin to dry and temperatures moderate by June.

Today's High: 57

Tonight's Low: 45

Thunderstorms?? Sheesh.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom