Oregon

Doing updates on lists on the first page of the California Whole State thread. Since we have Nevada members there I waa thinking I'd send out an invite to our neighboring border states so we have some out of state but close connections.

I'm working on compiling a resource list of sorts in the very first post. There's a members list, show and event dates and working now on a breeders list. Since some of you are close, I figured your information could possible help our members and visa versa.

If anyone wants their breeder information added to the first post, go to the thread and post your information and list of what you have. Look at the first page and see how I list it and then post accordingly.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=565482&p=1

You can also post show information if you have it. Some members do travel, so this would help them find the events and we sure hope all of you will check our list and maybe come meet some of the BYC members here at our events also.

Quote:
Dang it, dang it, dang it!! Eating just the head is an opossum thing to do...
hugs.gif

We've had both opossums and raccoons do that. Haven't seen an opossum in a few years but the raccoons are kind of a pain. I finally mounted a laser scope on my .22 rifle so that I could bead in on them. They haven't been around in about 3 or 4 weeks. Raccoons are nasty vile creatures. They kill for sport, not just to eat. "Oh but they look so cute..." They're not cute after they've gone through a pen of your favorite Jerseys. Lest anyone think of trying this in town, I live in rural Oregon where it's perfectly acceptable to protect your flock with firearms.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks guys for the answers..
the question brought to my attention is that if both suspected nocturnal critters are killing in broad daylight ... does this imply that they might be rabid and that a further action is required ?? ie calling the US fish and wildlife department ?

Just curious..

otoh
took 2 of moodymoo's BLRW pullets one escaped twice...
but they are sweet girls.. they are aptly re named Holly~ the lighter one and Ivy the darker one...and little red made her debut as queen hen of the 3... we will wait to introduce the big girls to the littles later..
thanks
MW

No, it just means that they are more brazen due to being used to being around people. I get all the rabies updates from the state, due to my profession, and there haven't been any raccoons or opossums with rabies in OR in a very very long time. Bats and foxes are the biggest carriers of rabies here.

Back
Top Bottom