Oregon

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by DuckLady, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ChicksRoseburg

ChicksRoseburg Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank You peepacheep that is our Henny Penny we raised in Independence, Oregon. We gave her to friends in Lobster Vally when we moved, she can be seen on YouTube at her new home. ()

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. ChicksRoseburg

chicken boy, Let us not forget it started as a logging town, Hats off to the loggers. Was my home town for 20 years...

3. ChicksRoseburg

countrybuffs, Very nice coop well made chicks will love it!

4. Totalcolour

Totalcolour Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you thank you! After we went to the art store, we went up the orad, and found a nice wine store, where we got a couple of bottles of really nice wine to go with Easter dinner, then on to Por Que No. It was really fabulous food. It was later than normal lunch so not too crowded. Himself said they were the best tacos he's ever had, and he knows his tacos. I had the calamari taco and that was really good too.

5. countrybuffs

countrybuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Silverton, Oregon
    Here is my new rooster, Henry. He is French and small. so I was going to name him Napolean, but that just seemed too obvious![​IMG][​IMG]

6. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    You are very welcome! Glad it was a good experience!

7. countrybuffs

countrybuffs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Silverton, Oregon
    I am fascinated by my chickens behavior. I brought Henry home yesterday and put him in one side of the coop, all the others were on the other side. At bedtime Henry went into the chicks former covered nest to sleep, (he is still pretty young) the hen with chicks went in the first nest where she originally was broody, the other 3 on their roost as usual. Today I let all the chickens together and there was a little bit of pecking, but not much. Henry spent most of the day inside the coop where he felt safe, but by late afternoon he was venturing farther outside. Tonight I left all the doors open and he went back to the place he slept last night, the hen & chicks went back to their spot on the other side and everyone is happy.
    It is just interesting that the new rooster would know his way around after just one day, and that the hen went back to her favorite nest after being locked away from it for 2 months!

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    That's great! I'm glad he's fitting in!! :) And I LOVE that you named him Henry!! I have a Henry too, and this is my 3rd Henry, and I know several others that have Faverolles roos named Henry too! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute video ChicksRoseburg. Love watching chickens when they come running for treats. Henny Penny reminds me of Red Duck, our quacking hen.

10. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    What a smart Roo you have the girls must have shown him around. [​IMG] I like the name Henry too he is such a handsome boy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by