Oregon

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by DuckLady, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Do you think it's a rooster? Really? Oh No..... It's 9 weeks old, how can I confirm if it's a rooster?

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    That red comb pretty much confirms it at that age. Otherwise, the pic is a little blurry which makes it hard to see hackle and saddle feathers, they will be pointy, where the hackle and saddle feathers on the girls will be rounded.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah... 9 weeks, red comb pretty much confirm boy. That said, I've not seen a female EE in that color. I don't think females can come in that color pattern, but not 100% sure.

4. Oh no... LOL Can't have a rooster in my city.... I was starting to think it was the other night, it was the flocks first night out in the run and coop, it was 40 out and when they got into the coop "ROSIE" got on top of all the hens and laid with it's wings out keeping them all warm. Dang, anyone near Florence need a really beautiful mild mannered rooster with a female name? You can change it to Rodney!!!

5. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yup. I was going to say the same thing about Rosie. Rooster, almost positive. I've hatched tons of EEs, and my firsst thought was, oh crap! That's a roo!

6. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Oh, and btw.... your daughter is gorgeous.... and I'm a heterosexual female, so I'm not trying to pick her up..... :)

7. LeasureChix

LeasureChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Medford OR
    I am looking for one or two female white Sebastopol geese. I'm down in Medford but driving up for the Stevenson show and I'll also be at the Canby swap. Thought I'd also post here, just in case.

8. Thanks Wendy... I'm partial to her... Dang it's a shame about Rosie the Roo.... He's a beauty. So quiet... he has the tiny peep.... Not too many chicken keepers here on the central coast... He's probably going to end up on someones dinner table. Not mine, I can't eat them after befriending, just seems unloyal.

9. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    I hear ya. Of all of our birds, we have about a dozen that have names, and therefore homes for life. The rest...well, no deals being made with the rest... ;)

Sorry about Rosie...he looks sweet, and he's really pretty, advertise him as a pet, and put a pic of him on the Spring Swap thread...somebody might snatch him up. :)

10. Great idea CL. My wife and I are talking about coming up from the coast, if for nothing else than to meet some of the wonderful people on this forum. Maybe someone will want this handsome boy... We already changed his name to Rodney.... I think he's happy, seemed to grow an inch overnight LOL :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by