Oregon

Anyone know of any true Aracaunas around? My friends wife lost her pair to the owls.

Contact Illia here on BYC. I think she has them, she lives in Washington somewhere. Last year someone brought some of her birds to the chicken swap in Canby for her. It is May 5th this year so maybe something can get worked out.............

My girls are 5 weeks old and have been loving the last few sunny days. They have been playing out in the chicken tractor picking at the grass and playing the pecking order game.

Here is the chicken tractor (still need to paint inside)
Miss Kevin Bacon (RIR) Lemon (Gold Sex Link) Lola (Silver Laced Wyn) Maci (Black Sex Link) Sophie (EE) Lydia (EE)

Thanks, Zanna.
I'll look into it.
As far as poultry swap goes, I'm afraid to go. what was once 6 hens is now 15. The wife ask the other day if I was done yet.

BTW... Zanna, have you got your chicks from BP?

I have to share, this is so interesting and cute! My new young rooster, Henry, (a bantam Fav.) has been following my Buff hen and her chicks around, he has to keep a distance because she will glare and chase him if he gets too close. He is older than the chicks who are about 5 weeks, but he considers himself a chick still and looks like he just wants to be adopted. Well tonight when I went out to shut the doors, the hen and chicks were all settled down and there was Henry all cozy in the nest with them! The hen was allowing it, that is just so funny!
love.gif

Last edited:
Thanks, Zanna.
I'll look into it.
As far as poultry swap goes, I'm afraid to go. what was once 6 hens is now 15. The wife ask the other day if I was done yet.
BTW... Zanna, have you got your chicks from BP?

They should be here end of April.......... Just hatched two more from my own BCM pair. That makes 10 chicks for 12 eggs set so far (3 different hatches 9 days apart), super excited!!!!!! Set another 10 tonight for a friend at the chicken swap along with 24 Easter Eggers, 12 Delawares and 12 Delaware/Orpington Cross. 9 more days till I will be setting some Welsummers for another friend, maybe some of my F2 Dels, then think I will be done hatching for a while, waiting the infamous wait to see what the chicks grow up to be and the eggs look like :)

The swap is a blast, you really need to come!!!

AM056638, Darling chicks!!!

Last edited:
Well CL and Silkiechicken... You both were right. Rosie is a Rodney,... I was out working in the run early this morning and the he'/she heard me filling up the food... I heard a very quiet but distinct "Cocka-doodle-doo" confirmed 3 times. It was more quiet than a cluck, but I heard it. Opened up the coop door and he was standing in front and ran like a bat out of hell down the ramp and to the food. Welp, guess I can't call him a motha clucker anymore.... :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom