Oregon

April, I wasn't for sure rather to post you here or fb.....
I have a mixed group of pullet eggs set to hatch at Christmas and a batch of them are B/Wh Am's. Again, they are pullet eggs so until I candle I won't have any idea how many to expect. I have a brand new chick from a test egg (first laid) so I know the possibility is there.If you want me to let you know on development just drop me a line to remind me =:~) As a side note, the splash wheaton are quite lovely if your mom just wants some pretty laying (or softly crowing) pets. good luck and best wishes, k/

I just wanna get her a beautiful hen that can be shown at fair, I love the wheatons, do you have those?

I just wanna get her a beautiful hen that can be shown at fair, I love the wheatons, do you have those?
would she be going into a mixed flock?
I have an adorable pullet that lives as a pet. Peaches seems to prefer the company of people to other chickens so lives in crate (which she prefers) and comes out to play when we are out in the barn. I am planning on moving her into the house for winter. feel free to pm me a phone # if you want me to call you (although, I may have it somewhere) k/

would she be going into a mixed flock?
I have an adorable pullet that lives as a pet. Peaches seems to prefer the company of people to other chickens so lives in crate (which she prefers) and comes out to play when we are out in the barn. I am planning on moving her into the house for winter. feel free to pm me a phone # if you want me to call you (although, I may have it somewhere) k/

I dont want any mixed breeds, but if u mean mixed flock as in the different breeds are all in together then thats what we have right now. She used to have 2 hens, one japenese bantam, and one silkie, when our birds got sick they died. My birds are better now, but she doesnt have any birds any more. She likes the bantams alot. I would prefer chicks since they are less money, cuz I dnt have much money to buy everything for everyone.

Quote: Well,,,, that is why I offered Peaches, she is petite (LF not bantam), beautiful blue wheaten ameraucana, VERY friendly and not flightly, but would not do well in a flock of RIR, etc. With bantams or similar less-large breeds may be fine.
and, yes, mixed flock means a flock of various breeds Not a flock of mixed breeds
roll.png
although a 'mixed' flock could also have mix-breed (OE, EE, sex-link, or barnyard mutt) in the population, too.
We don't 'need' to get rid of her, just thought she might be suitable for your current needs as she is so charming. Her sisters are going into breeding trios so she is just an extra.

Well,,,, that is why I offered Peaches, she is petite (LF not bantam), beautiful blue wheaten ameraucana, VERY friendly and not flightly, but would not do well in a flock of RIR, etc. With bantams or similar less-large breeds may be fine.
and, yes, mixed flock means a flock of various breeds Not a flock of mixed breeds
roll.png
although a 'mixed' flock could also have mix-breed (OE, EE, sex-link, or barnyard mutt) in the population, too.
We don't 'need' to get rid of her, just thought she might be suitable for your current needs as she is so charming. Her sisters are going into breeding trios so she is just an extra.

How old is she? Could I see a pic?

Quote: They are just approaching POL but will probably wait until the days are longer. The most mature of the 5 pullets (same hatch/breeder) is laying but the eggs are still on the small side. Those are the ones set to hatch for Xmas. I don't know how to do pics, but Hubby can probably do it when he gets home late tonight.

They are just approaching POL but will probably wait until the days are longer. The most mature of the 5 pullets (same hatch/breeder) is laying but the eggs are still on the small side. Those are the ones set to hatch for Xmas. I don't know how to do pics, but Hubby can probably do it when he gets home late tonight.

Sorry but whats POL?

Quote: laughing, but not at you, but that's twice this week that someone "IN chickens" has asked me that.... Point Of Lay .... means pullet adolescence and mature enough to start laying at any time thru the pullet egg weeks (small and inconsistent in size and shape). Breed dependent, usually small or production crosses as early as 16 wks thru 8 or 9 months for line-bred or very large breeds. My baby serama lay pretty much as babies, Jersey Gients not so much =:~)
I actually googled it this morning to be sure I wasn't being anomalous for using it as freely as I do. It is a common and long-time term brought over from across the pond, apparently.....

laughing, but not at you, but that's twice this week that someone "IN chickens" has asked me that.... Point Of Lay .... means pullet adolescence and mature enough to start laying at any time thru the pullet egg weeks (small and inconsistent in size and shape). Breed dependent, usually small or production crosses as early as 16 wks thru 8 or 9 months for line-bred or very large breeds. My baby serama lay pretty much as babies, Jersey Gients not so much =:~)
I actually googled it this morning to be sure I wasn't being anomalous for using it as freely as I do. It is a common and long-time term brought over from across the pond, apparently.....

How much would she be? Also were are you located?

Quote:
I know Marge Best has chicks available and all the way to adult birds I believe. She has Silkies of every color, even projects. And some Cochins. If you want her email I can PM it to you. Her chicks are 5-10 each, depending on age. Price goes up for older birds. And she is real good, I had a chick die 4 days after I got it and she gave me 2 as replacements. So now my wife has 5 Silkie chicks in our indoor brooder, about 2-3 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom