Oregon

Sad to say with the 10 3-week-old muscovies and the dozen Rouens, they outgrew their brooding tubs, so they're all in a kiddie pool in the living room. I can't say it smells very good right now, even though they get baths daily and frequent changes of bedding. Envious of people who have garages and greenhouses. Come on weather, get warmer!

I'm in bend!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Sad to say with the 10 3-week-old muscovies and the dozen Rouens, they outgrew their brooding tubs, so they're all in a kiddie pool in the living room. I can't say it smells very good right now, even though they get baths daily and frequent changes of bedding. Envious of people who have garages and greenhouses. Come on weather, get warmer!

Isn't it amazing what happens between the week 2 and week 3 marks?

Welcome Karenmyrrh! I'm in Dundee ..

We did buy our chicks at wilco 2 weeks ago and all are healthy and happy. We went with a variety too, 5 breeds. You can ask the gals there what day certain breeds are arriving and they will hold them for you.

Also a thought for you, we attended the chicken chat tha Coastal farms had in Woodburn last week and learned A LOT !! The McMinnville Wilco is having a class I beleive at the end of March. It's free and packed with info.

Last edited:
so with you Daisy Meadow!! Come on weather !!! I want to put these gals outside ( although they are VERY entertaining )

Last edited:
I'm in Springfield too! Well....Thurston. What kind of chicks are you looking for? Backyard Farmer is full of chicks right now. I had a hard time walking out of there without a few last week.
When I called my Wilco (Springfield) they were very willing to tell me when the chicks I wanted were going to be in stock. Coastal (in Eugene) told me that I would need to call when they got shipments, they wouldn't say what was coming.  I know Coastal does a free chick day in March when you get 5 free asst pullets if you buy chick feed.

Back
Top Bottom