Oregon

Salem here also..going to the city council meeting tomorrow night to show support for the petition to legalize backyard hens, I wish they would hurry up and change the law, I miss my chickens so much!!!!!!

Hello fellow Oregonians!
29255_ani-tip_da_hat.gif

South & west of Salem in the tall trees of the foothills of the Coast Range waiting to see the sun again
29255_ani-nw_rain.gif

My barred rock went broody today. I'm not sure what the best course of action is, but I fantasize that it'd be nice to let her incubate some fertile eggs on the off chance that anyone in the area happens to have some eggs that need incubating. Let me know if I can put this broodiness to work!

Another Eugene girl here. Husband is a Eugene native, recently returned from Florence. I grew up in Montana, but have been here 20 years and come from a long line of native oregonians mainly from up by Keizer. Work in Corvallis, DH works in Cottage Grove. Currently have 2 girls, an English bulldog, and 2 cats, with another baby on the way. Our coop is being set up in the morning, and we hope to have 4 hens coming for mother's day. I'm really excited! We're hoping for toddler-proof girls; two of our hens are coming from our daycare provider so are definitely well used to the little ones.

We just moved into a new house on 3/4 acre just outside city limits with a bunch of chicken loving neighbors, many of whom we met on a recent neighborhood tour de coop, so we're feeling very lucky. And I'm really loving this site!

Well - a sunny day here in the Eugene area - and my older batch of chicks(about 38, one month olds) got to go outside in the pen we built yesterday... boy did they like it - the pen is about 10'x4' and about 3'tall so they could dig around in the grass and enjoy the sun for several hours - The three outside cats spent the afternoon watching "reality TV - chicken edition" in 3-D no less - they stalked around the outside looking for a way in but finally settled on sitting on top or by the side and watching. Tomorrow I hope to let the littler ones out for a bit and then let the older ones out again - unfortunately there are a few trees that block the sun so it gets kinda cool by around 4 - gonna cut a few more but gotta build the coop first cause they are getting too big.

Quote:
I'm out on Central by Crow - what side of Eugene are you "outside of"? We have almost 3 acres and at least one neighbor with chickens - and others with an assortment...llamas, horses, goats etc - so far we're sticking to chicks and cats but may add ducks, geese and turkeys next year.

We're out River Road-actually, very close to town but in the county. It's so gorgeous out Crow way-your place sounds wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom