Oregon

Sundays paper reported 182 lightening started fires in Josephine & Douglas counties. They are reporting our air quality as hazardous. It is like campfire smoke here, clings to you when you come in from outside and I'm tired of my eyes burning all the time. We are getting smoke from the Illinous Valley fire and the fire outside Galice.

Sundays paper reported 182 lightening started fires in Josephine & Douglas counties. They are reporting our air quality as hazardous. It is like campfire smoke here, clings to you when you come in from outside and I'm tired of my eyes burning all the time. We are getting smoke from the Illinous Valley fire and the fire outside Galice.
My bff lives in Murphy. She said their car was covered in ash. She's been sending me pictures, it's horrible. We were just camping down on the Illinois river about a month ago. Now she tells me the fire is burning pretty much in the same area. It's so sad. Hope everyone stays safe down there.

My bff lives in Murphy. She said their car was covered in ash. She's been sending me pictures, it's horrible. We were just camping down on the Illinois river about a month ago. Now she tells me the fire is burning pretty much in the same area. It's so sad. Hope everyone stays safe down there.
DD goes to school in Murphy. We are getting plenty of ash here in Wilderville also. Illinous Valley Rd. is one of the roads around here due to fire. Selma is getting hammered, pretty much Bisquit fire revisited. We have heard they think is will be out in November.

I had to look up a cream barbanter... :) do they have grey/black legs? I could be wrong about the slp since he was a freebie I didn't order and had to figure out his breed...I'm not a chicken expert...yet....lol

It's a silver laced polish. They're a common sight in the US and at hatcheries. You can already see its lacing.

I could be wrong but I think Lesslea317 was talking about the chick in the background.

Just looked again - never mind
th.gif

Last edited:
Geez-oh-pete, I was just saying it LOOKED like my barbanter. And I do remember saying that no matter what it was it sure is cute. The mohawk breeds crack me up!

DD goes to school in Murphy. We are getting plenty of ash here in Wilderville also. Illinous Valley Rd. is one of the roads around here due to fire. Selma is getting hammered, pretty much Bisquit fire revisited. We have heard they think is will be out in November.
It makes me so sad. We love hanging out on the Illinois River in the summer. We were just camping at the trailhead and it was already so devastated from the Biscuit fire.

My friend just called me this morning, her pigs are having respiratory distress from the smoke. Not sure they're going to survive.

It makes me so sad. We love hanging out on the Illinois River in the summer. We were just camping at the trailhead and it was already so devastated from the Biscuit fire.

My friend just called me this morning, her pigs are having respiratory distress from the smoke. Not sure they're going to survive.
Have her call the fair grounds office. They were using it as a livestock shelter a little while ago. The kids will be thrilled - they just did pre-fair clean-up.

Back
Top Bottom