Oregon

I'm not living there, but I was born in Tillamook.  Welcome to BYC.
Thanks :) I'm not new though. Just thought it couldn't hurt to check on this thread

@sustained
Is anyone here from Tillamook County? I'm looking for silkie hatching eggs, welsh harlequin eggs, ancona eggs or ducklings, and call duck eggs or ducklings. It's probably a long shot but I'm not having much luck other places I've looked.

Check on Craigslist lots of people have Ancona hatching eggs, I've also seen silkie and welsh harlequin eggs.
I did. I was visiting my parents for Easter and was hoping to bring some hatching eggs or ducklings home with me. My husband wasn't willing to stop in Salem or Portland on the way home(spoil sport).I thought maybe a local might be a BYC member. My area is more production breed chickens and mallard ducks.

Hey all, curious if anyone had any frizzles for sale? I don't care which breed. I would prefer females. Nobody seems to have these cute little fuzzy butts from what I've seen and don't want to drive out to WA. Thanks!

Hello fellow Oregonians from up in Astoria!

I was wondering if anyone might be in need of any bantams- particularly bantam roos. I have some extras about, including beardless silkies, cochins, gold neck d'uccle, japanese and one lone blue OEGB cockerel who is very sweet to people. I don't have a pressing need for homes, but I'd like to do some more hatching this year, so I'd like to make some space. We're in and out of Portland a fair bit, so it would be easy to meet there.

Hey all, I'm in Grants Pass and have some nice Marans chicks for sale. I've got a blue rooster over one blue and the rest black and black copper hens. The hens lay about a 4 on the Marans scale, but they're also 4 years old. I'd imagine the pullet chicks would lay a 6 or so when they start laying. The parent stock are nice breeder quality birds, larger and wider bodied than hatchery stock. The chicks hatched active and ready to go, good eaters and drinkers from the start. They're $5 each straight run. I've got some pics to post now from the desktop and will get more from my phone.

I'm also hatching some silkie/bantam cochin and silkie chicks, got chicks in the hatcher as I type
smile.png
. This pen is a black silkie rooster over a buff silkie hen, four black bantam cochin hens and one birchen bantam cochin hen. This cross makes some of the cutest chicks, and they're good with little kiddos. They're friendly and tolerate handling well, they make great backyard pets. My hens are decently broody but also lay surprisingly well. These chicks are $3 each straight run.

PM me if interested
smile.png

Hi there,
we just started our flock TODAY. Everyone in the house picked out their own 2 day old chick.
We named our own.
I named my silver wyandotte Lady Eboshi from the movie Princess Mononoke.
My 9 year old named her Americauna - Little Chestnut (soon to be Chestnut when she gets bigger)
and the rest are still mulling it over (Easter Egger and Copper Maran)
Is there a forum specifically for people in Portland?
All good thus far.
Thanks

Hi there,
we just started our flock TODAY. Everyone in the house picked out their own 2 day old chick.
We named our own.
I named my silver wyandotte Lady Eboshi from the movie Princess Mononoke.
My 9 year old named her Americauna - Little Chestnut (soon to be Chestnut when she gets bigger)
and the rest are still mulling it over (Easter Egger and Copper Maran)
Is there a forum specifically for people in Portland?
All good thus far.
Thanks

Lifetish - I do not believe so, just by state.

I'm in Battle Ground WA, but work in Portland -

Congrat on your chicks, this is our first year having chicken as well, 3 months now. Our daughters named all of them as well. Will be exciting when Fall comes around :)

Back
Top Bottom