Oregon

Hi!
I am new on the site and live in Oregon City! We have a little under an acre but wish we had more. We have 8 now, but just found out we are zoned Rural-Residential-Farm and Forestry (so no limit on chickens because we are technically outside city limits)... My chicken math may get out of control this spring! :love
Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here.
That's awesome about your zoning!
Show us some pix of your 8! Names? Breeds?

Hi! Anyone in Portland interested in sharing a February order of chicks from MyPetChicken? They seem like the only source for sexed chicks vaccinated for Mareks. There is a 15 chick minimum now, so I'd love to have a partner in this....

Hi! Anyone in Portland interested in sharing a February order of chicks from MyPetChicken? They seem like the only source for sexed chicks vaccinated for Mareks. There is a 15 chick minimum now, so I'd love to have a partner in this....
Where did you get that idea? Pretty much all of the major hatcheries offer vaccination for chocks, sexed or straight run. Just don't want you to think you *have* to you through mpc if that is your reason for doing so.
Alas, the only thing is order is not available through them.

Last edited:
Hi!
I am new on the site and live in Oregon City! We have a little under an acre but wish we had more. We have 8 now, but just found out we are zoned Rural-Residential-Farm and Forestry (so no limit on chickens because we are technically outside city limits)... My chicken math may get out of control this spring! :love
Oh! It's so much fun planning what you're going to get, isn't it! I'm within city limits, but I really don't care about their chicken limits! They made the rules after I had chickens, so I should be "grandfathered" in.

What about Wilco in Vancouver, WA? Isn't that pretty close? I thought they vaccinated.

I love all the breed choices on MyPetChicken, but can't afford the shipping costs, like, ever!

91B5B319-D308-45D2-A897-B2787599AC03.jpeg 4155D008-A58D-42B8-9CFA-0415DE023938.jpeg 8E563EE4-2238-4C2F-BB90-B6717AE897DE.png
Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you here.
That's awesome about your zoning!
Show us some pix of your 8! Names? Breeds?
I rehomed a couple so I was down to six... and then I ended up with a few that hatched and some from Wilco! So now I’m at 16. I also have eggs in the incubator!
The Golden Laced are Thelma and Louise, Frankie is the barred rock, and the babies we named before we knew the genders— Kevin is the blue orpington (pullet), Angela is the lavender Orp ( I’m guessing cockerel), and Dwight other lavender orp (who I’m hoping is a pullet but I think is a cockerel).

The newest babies:
712D2B1D-EC23-45FE-84F8-E5B5355A0062.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom