Oregon

Quote:
I love the Emergency Vet of Tualatin!!!

Another option for birds is the Avian Vet clinic in Lake Oswego, they even teach chicken training classes:

http://www.avianmedicalcenter.net/

Howdy neighbor!!!
frow.gif

Yay Chicks! :

Little Chocobo: I just go to Coastal in Cornelius.

Question: I live in Forest Grove, West of Portland. Any of you in Washington County, do you know a vet that will see chickens in case I need one?

Heyyy, the Grove. Go Boxers?

To actually answer your question, though -- the closest one I know of is in LO - south of Portland, about 40 minutes from FG. Though I don't have chickens yet.​

Last edited:
Go Boxers:)

Thanks for the suggestions, peeps. You would think with all the chickens and livestock around here that there would be someone nearby. Hopefully, I won't need a vet, but it's good to have the ideas prior to an emergency.

Quote:
Howdy neighbor!!!
frow.gif

frow.gif
Hi! We're actually closer to Canby than Oregon City, best place in the world! (besides maybe the beach
cool.png
)

Cool! Ya, we LOVE it. My husband and I both graduated from Canby HS, and just moved back here 5 years ago. Never leaving now!!! What area are you in?

Quote:
frow.gif
Hi! We're actually closer to Canby than Oregon City, best place in the world! (besides maybe the beach
cool.png
)

Cool! Ya, we LOVE it. My husband and I both graduated from Canby HS, and just moved back here 5 years ago. Never leaving now!!! What area are you in?

We're by Stonecreek golf course - is it ever going to stop raining here? My girls need their coop finished and to move outside but we can't seem to make any progress...we've been putting them out on decent days in a makeshift pen and they seem to love, hate going back in the box inside.

And I'm 90% sure one of our hens is really a beautiful, sweet, Welsummer rooster...anyone nearby interested in a rooster?????

Quote:
Lol, I have exactly the same thing. Beautiful Welsummer rooster and pullet, instead of the 2 younger pullets I thought I had. Funny thing is that one of the hens hates him. She puffs up and hisses at him and chases him around, which is odd because she's normally one of the lower-status hens otherwise. Something about His Royal Self that just drives her ... well, batty.

This means that out of the 9 chicks, total, I got this year, 4 have been cockerels. For a bit there I was worried that 6 of them were cockerels, but I'm pretty sure I have 5 hens at this point. Unfortunately the 8 week old Welsummer is learning to crow, too, which is just hastening the need to get rid of him. I've had an ad up on Craig's List, but no takers (I notice many "free rooster!" ads like my own this time of year.)

Back
Top Bottom