Oregon

Quote:
I have lots of chickens but just got my first 2 baby geese this spring, they are pretty cute and weird at times but amusing too, want to do some duck eventually but it will have to wait.

gig.gif
I'm in springtucky as well
gig.gif

Quote:
The way I understand it, when you apply for your permit you'll get a visit from the "chicken inspector" he's apparently a nice guy. He'll take a look at your place/coop/run etc. and tell you how many you can have based on your setup. Advice is to get your setup all worked out for the # of birds you want and then apply for the permit. However, the violations are all complaint based and most people who have more than 3 are not holding permits. If you get a complaint against you, the inspector will pay you a visit and if your setup is adequate they'll issue you a permit. I don't think there are any fines. This is the info I've gotten from the local chicken people over the years. We didn't get a permit. We have 6 and enough space for 12 so feeling in the clear
fl.gif
Good luck!

Cool! Thanks. Now, another question.. (sorry!)

Does anybody know of a silkie breeder around Hillsboro / Portland area who may have chicks in a week or so (?) and be willing to sell a few pet-quality ones that they don't want to breed?

Long story short, my address has a bad history with shipping companies throwing packages into bushes, and I don't trust the local post offices / whatevers to tell us about live poultry having arrived, so I want to get chicks from a local source.

Little Chocobo: I just go to Coastal in Cornelius.

Question: I live in Forest Grove, West of Portland. Any of you in Washington County, do you know a vet that will see chickens in case I need one?

I don't, though if you have an emergency, the Emergency Vet of Tualatin will see them (I work there - call ahead to make sure there is a bird-savvy Dr. on duty though). For a day practice vet, Dr. Weinstein at North Portland is well worth the drive!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom