Oregon

Quote:
Cool! Ya, we LOVE it. My husband and I both graduated from Canby HS, and just moved back here 5 years ago. Never leaving now!!! What area are you in?

We're by Stonecreek golf course - is it ever going to stop raining here? My girls need their coop finished and to move outside but we can't seem to make any progress...we've been putting them out on decent days in a makeshift pen and they seem to love, hate going back in the box inside.

And I'm 90% sure one of our hens is really a beautiful, sweet, Welsummer rooster...anyone nearby interested in a rooster?????

Yeah, you are close!
wink.png
Hey, you aren't the ones with the goats on the corner too are you???

Quote:
No, but I'm close enough to know which house you mean...and their covered wagon tractor coop was an inspiration to me all last year!

Hey Moso - my welsummer rooster is the one that gets picked on too...that's not how that is supposed to work, is it? Hopefully he's the only cockerel out of 6, did you buy sexed chicks?

Hey Noncentzer!!!

Rudy Valentino is digging his little house, Cass calls it Roo-Loo (an old Dogloo)
lol.png
I second the more sunshine. I suppose it would be nice if you came from somewhere crazy hot though~ Kim

Hey ZepChick!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying each other! Cass sent me a PM saying that Valentino has been napping on her lap...sounds like that lucky roo has found a great new mom!! I'm happy for Cass, she's a good kid!

Quote:
No, but I'm close enough to know which house you mean...and their covered wagon tractor coop was an inspiration to me all last year!

LOL
gig.gif
Yep, that's pretty darn cute! But I'd have to have like 15 of them to fit all my chickens in those!!

Quote:
At last! Someone else who loves this weather.
ya.gif
It's why I moved here!!!! (native Texan)

celebrate.gif
Oh, I'm totally loving it. I'm reading all the posts on here and other boards of people's animals (and people!) suffering in 90 degree heat already this year, and I feel so blessed. I suffer bad enough when it gets to the 90s here each summer, but at least it's only for a short period! I've never lived somewhere hot, but I just have such a low tolerance for heat. I get heat exhaustion every year, even in NWern Oregon.
roll.png
Such a wimp. I deal with cold weather much better, but I like our temperate winters as well. I wouldn't want to be snowed in for half the year, that's for sure.

My peas, broccoli, and lettuce are thriving in this cool wet weather, too! Hehe.

Back
Top Bottom