Oregon

So I was in Portland yesterday and met with a breeder and got a "americauna" obviously I'm not trying to get a true americauna, just a Easter Egger. I got a 6month old. Met and took her home late. This morning she is in the run and her toes are completely curled. Obviously it wasn't mentioned. I don't really care about a refund or giving her back. But I feel like it's really crappy he sold her like this. Do I let it go? Call him?

She has a great beard. Makes me smile. I hope she is as sweet as she looks and lays pretty eggs for you. We got some hatchery chicks with crooked toes, and they seem to get around as well as the rest do. I also wonder why the hatcheries send out chicks like that ... them must notice when they're putting them in the boxes.

At $25 , I should be selling pullets ... it must be better money than selling eggs. But I seem to get too attached.

Any have or know where I can get a decent cheap incubator all the breeders I'm talking to that have the breeds I want don't ship live chicks........crappy I didn't wanna get into hatching cause I know once I do I'll b hooked
decent and cheap are hard to come by. You could always find someone local to hatch for you. That would probably be much less addicting.

Any have or know where I can get a decent cheap incubator all the breeders I'm talking to that have the breeds I want don't ship live chicks........crappy I didn't wanna get into hatching cause I know once I do I'll b hooked
I do custom hatching if you want I have a cabinet incubator and 2 small incubators :)

Im in hillsboro, its very addictive! !
Oh wich reminds me any one looking for chicks
I have
2 black ostrolorp
2 barred rock
2 road island
And 9 mix breed
9 bantys (hatching now)
And 200 eggs in the bater
Allso 2 ducks, blue
And 10 duck eggs in bater-peking, mallard,

Pasty chick update: the little cuckoo marans with the terribly pasty tush seems to be past the worst. I'm so grateful for all of your help. She hasn't pasted in 3 days or so. The warm baths cleaned her up and between the cider and yogurt her gut seems to be passing things much better. The a&d worked wonders. Plus she falls asleep in my hands and coos now. She seems to know I tried so hard to save her. My husband named her Miranda the marans. Funny. Hopefully she's past the worst. Thank you everyone for your advice!!

Pasty chick update: the little cuckoo marans with the terribly pasty tush seems to be past the worst. I'm so grateful for all of your help. She hasn't pasted in 3 days or so. The warm baths cleaned her up and between the cider and yogurt her gut seems to be passing things much better. The a&d worked wonders. Plus she falls asleep in my hands and coos now. She seems to know I tried so hard to save her. My husband named her Miranda the marans. Funny. Hopefully she's past the worst. Thank you everyone for your advice!!

Yay! Happy to hear the update. Now you have a extra special friend.

There is a breeder in Corvallis of Black Copper Marans and I think Barnvelders. His name is Andy, user name on here is Mountainvieworchards. Might be worth trying to get ahold of him for chicks. I know his Marans are nice quality, I would not expect the chicks to be cheap but you could pick them up and save on the shipping and the stress for the babies. I may have BCM Marans chicks available later in the season, test mating right now to make sure I am not adding to the problems this breed already has, things are looking good :)

Back
Top Bottom