Oregon

Im in Roseburg Or
woot.gif
join the club

Thanks! I thought of the proximity issue, but the house is abondonded at the moment. Owners gave it up to the bank. Anyone new moving in can clearly see the coop. There's no ordinace for distance from houses in our town. And we wanted our daughter to be able to see the chickens from our living room window. She's allergic to the sun and can't get out in the yard often. We've talked to our other neighbors who are jealous we're getting chickens and have no problem with it. I compulsively clean up after my animals too. So we will se ehow it goes.
Allerigc to the SUN wow weird hows that even possible ?????? anyways that's a good idea I think the coop is cool

Need help.....got a hen sitting on eggs for over 21 days. Haven't tried to candle any, but think they are duds. Got them on EBay . What I need is a few chicks to stick under her so she will be a happy hen. Everyone has quit selling baby chicks in central Oregon, anyone know of any place in central Oregon still having baby chicks? I've called hatcheries and they say 5 weeks till they can ship. Need them now, or just tell her to get off the nest and back to laying.;P

Did you check Craig's list? I would wait a few more days, I have known broody hens to hatch out over 3 days. A bit different than the incubator!

Allerigc to the SUN wow weird hows that even possible ?????? anyways that's a good idea I think the coop is cool
Thanks. I'm pretty excited about the coop! and It is a weird condition. Her body basically rejects the sun as a foreign invader. Even with some suncreen she'd get hives, blisters and sores. It's so hard on her already. We're trying to find fun things for her to do that aren't always outside, but feel like they're keeping her involved. We don't always want to coat her in 110 spf every 45 minutes. So we will just try sharing eggs with the neighbors and keeping things clean.

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about the coop! and It is a weird condition. Her body basically rejects the sun as a foreign invader. Even with some suncreen she'd get hives, blisters and sores. It's so hard on her already. We're trying to find fun things for her to do that aren't always outside, but feel like they're keeping her involved. We don't always want to coat her in 110 spf every 45 minutes. So we will just try sharing eggs with the neighbors and keeping things clean.
How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom