Oregon

Quote:
I am just outside OC too, on edge of Carver. I can have up to 999 birds without a permit. But I only have 28 as of today.
big_smile.png

I just have to say that I am so thankful for BYC. No one I know understands my love of my chickens..or my newly formed obsession. I don't know what I would do without all you other chicken lovers. I have learned SO much from everyone and I know because of everyone I will become a great caretaker of my girls.
O yes you are among friends here - we are a bunch of chicken math enablers lol... This is a great site , tons of info & friendly people :)

Just the way my luck works, the Brownsville swap is the same day as our pre-fair down here. Not enough hours in the day to do all the driving and get the barn cleaned out. Bringing home birds and putting them in isolation while putting in all the fair hours doesn't sound like a good idea either. Maybe next year.

Tell Etta that Peanut Butter must have heard her, because he crowed for the first time this morning!   I think he is trying to say "Good morning Etta!".

Thank you all for the compliments!  It has taken quite a while to get a nice flock of Jubilee's, I am rather picky about my breeding lines.  My cockerels are from Greenfire and my pullets are from Heirloom.  So hopefully by spring we will have some excellent quality chicks.....:fl

When you have some for sale next year let me know I would love to get some. Your not that far I could make the drive o pick them up. :)

Just the way my luck works, the Brownsville swap is the same day as our pre-fair down here. Not enough hours in the day to do all the driving and get the barn cleaned out. Bringing home birds and putting them in isolation while putting in all the fair hours doesn't sound like a good idea either. Maybe next year.

I know right? I just found out I will not be able to make it either. My fiance's kids have to go back to Oklahoma that weekend. Sigh. I have silver welsh harlequin ducklings(6 weeks old now), Black and blue laced standard Orpingtons chicks hatching and my blue laced orpington rooster Scooby Doo. I hate to have to find a home for him, but my breeding lines have to change. :( I am so bummed about it, this would have been my first year!

Back
Top Bottom