Oregon

I wanna give a huge shout out to the super nice people at the Vista Market Roth's in Salem!! I called asking about produce the couldn't sell, and if I could have it for my chickens... They said sure we should have "some". I just left there with a HUGE box of assorted lettuces, and cabbage. They also threw in 4 cantaloupe, and 2 watermelons! All for free...gotta love free!

I wanna give a huge shout out to the super nice people at the Vista Market Roth's in Salem!! I called asking about produce the couldn't sell, and if I could have it for my chickens... They said sure we should have "some". I just left there with a HUGE box of assorted lettuces, and cabbage. They also threw in 4 cantaloupe, and 2 watermelons! All for free...gotta love free!

Very nice!

That's the store I used to work at. It's always been a great market. Good for them... And your chooks!

They would have gladly given me more, but I only have four chickens and don't want to take more than I can use in a week :)

Take the extra melons and freeze them in pieces. I've been freezing our extra or overripe melons so the chickens will have some fruit still once the wether turns. :)

Back
Top Bottom