Oregon

thumbsup.gif
I have my heater waterer in the run and it gets snow on it and is fine. I think they are trying to tll you to not put the heating element on the ground where it will sit in water and short out. I have mine sitting in a cinder block so the element does not touch the ground. Look under ther heater and you will see what I mean.
It was 20 below the other night and the water did not ice over.

Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of those high up gray ugly clouds, but the blue sky is trying to win. I hope it shows up your way soon. This constant grayness is getting depressing.

That strange golden orb in the sky on a blue background had me in a trance. It hypnotised me into finding a lawn chair buried in the shed, taking a box of cheerios out to the ducks and geese and chickens and quacking to them. Never mind it was 45 degrees. It was gorgeous out.

yo,

s.e. Portland here, and many chicken-projects in the works.

I Just got my first beautifull breeding pair of Mille Fluer DeUccles (stealth garage chicken-breeding project) and will be expecting hatching eggs in the next few weeks. I am exited- got these birds from a breeder in Wa. who shows all over the west coast- they are nice examples of the breed.

I decided to breed these guys because my little blue DeUccle hen, Kaboodle, is such a gem...super tame and friendly. She flies to my from the garage roof.. They are great urban pet chickens. If any of you Portlanders want to get on a list for the babies, PM me. I don't know if I will be shipping eggs yet, but I could use someone who wants to test some in a bator for me.

I also have a very tame, young jap roo I would give to a nice person. He is also super tame, since he lived next to my computer all winter so far. He is a black-tailed buff- hatched on Thanksgiving.

Signing off to open the coops
-M

Back
Top Bottom