Oregon

It could have been killed by a bird of prey, who often stun their prey by hitting them with great force, or strangling them until they die. Perhaps it got interrupted by something/someone before it could tear into it.

Ya, I noticed after looking at it a little closer, I am in the city limits. Only 3 hens??? Well, this isn't going to work for me. LOL I don't think my neighbors will have a problem with me having a few more than 3. My limit here, for myself is 8.

I doubt anyone would notice or care! I am just outside city limits and two of our neighbors have multiple roosters, so I never really felt the need to look into it much :) Chicken neighbors are the best! And if anyone has questions you can always appease them with fresh eggs :)

I doubt anyone would notice or care! I am just outside city limits and two of our neighbors have multiple roosters, so I never really felt the need to look into it much :) Chicken neighbors are the best! And if anyone has questions you can always appease them with fresh eggs :)

I Will entice my neighbors will eggs either way. I love helping people with fresh eggs. I'll become everyones favorite neighbor! I do miss my roosters. Before I moved here I have around 10. At least i will have birds again and that's all that matters. :) BTW, you have some beautiful birds!
love.gif

The biggest threat with the HPAI is if you have free ranging birds that are in direct contact with wild waterfowl. This is something that is not going to go away any time soon. Douglas County is now under quarantine.

The biggest threat with the HPAI is if you have free ranging birds that are in direct contact with wild waterfowl. This is something that is not going to go away any time soon. Douglas County is now under quarantine.

Here is the latest ODA News bulletin...while restriction of poultry and poultry products have been imposed for Douglas County, to prevent possible spread, movement may be allowed by permit. Above all, these are precautions, no new cases of HPAI have been reported to date.

http://odanews.wpengine.com/update-douglas-county-avian-influenza-response-continues/

Lady of McCamley

We're in the Salem area, today we had a very large flock of geese fly over our place, they scattered droppings all over just on a fly over. Think I'm going to keep the chicks in the coop for awhile no more free range until we get another good rain to clean it out of here and the geese are gone. I'm not sure if that would pass the flu but I don't want to take the chance.

ANYONE HERE IN SOUTHERN OREGON INTERESTED IN FRIZZLED SILKIE/EE CHICKS???
jumpy.gif

I HAVE 6 CHICKS... THEY ARE SOOOOOO CUTE.......THEY HAVE FUZZY FEET AND BEARDS :)
AND I HAVE 12 MORE IN THE INCUBATOR DUE TO HATCH IN A COUPLE OF MORE WEEKS.

They are so cute!!!! If only I were closer. I am way north. I can practically see Washington from where I am at. lol

Thanks~
Wish you were closer too :) These are the last eggs i will have from my wonderful rooster that was killed my a hawk....so i just had to hatch them.....i wish i could keep all of them :) I hope more people see this :)

Back
Top Bottom