Oregon

Here are the Ameraucana eggs. The date is marked on them with a bright purple surgical pen so it washes out the colour slightly. They look really pretty in the eating egg mixes I sell :)

I am out in Jefferson. Send me a PM, I may have what you are looking for. Here is a pic. of some of my eggs from breeders. I have blue eggs too, Purebred Ameraucana's but have been saving them all for hatching at the moment.

How old are the eggs? If they are kept in those things for more than a few days like that they will never hatch.

Sultans and silkies are beautiful birds. How do they do with all of our weather?

I am open to all kinds of birds. I have no favorites yet.

They get dirty but do fine. Though if it's either always really cold or always really hot during the summers and winters they aren't for you. They do well in rain, but Sultans get dirty so for showing you have to wash them a lot but no problems, I've noticed with my sultans!

That's how our weather is here, though we get some mild weather on occasion. But my silkies do just fine.

That's how our weather is here, though we get some mild weather on occasion. But my silkies do just fine.

I usually think about what they'd want VS. what they can handle. Sultans have very thick feathers but fragile feet and combs so even THOUGH they may be warm they'd have frost bite and be in pain and not pleased, and if it's hot they'd be panting all the time and they really are good at gaining fat so they'd be even hotter.

Maybe your silkies don't pant but I find mine to be fragile with weather and heat.

How old are the eggs? If they are kept in those things for more than a few days like that they will never hatch.
Those are eating eggs. But..... I have been breeding and hatching chicken eggs for over 6 years. I store the eggs in those cartons for 7 - 14 days turning them 3 times per day and have consistently 90% hatches including BCM which are supposed to be harder to hatch. Works for me, maybe not for others :)

Those are eating eggs. But..... I have been breeding and hatching chicken eggs for over 6 years. I store the eggs in those cartons for 7 - 14 days turning them 3 times per day and have consistently 90% hatches including BCM which are supposed to be harder to hatch. Works for me, maybe not for others :)
That's weird, I heard that's how to get sick ones or none because it's not the right place. Though I've never personally done it before because my mom doesn't allow me to use incubators.

I usually think about what they'd want VS. what they can handle. Sultans have very thick feathers but fragile feet and combs so even THOUGH they may be warm they'd have frost bite and be in pain and not pleased, and if it's hot they'd be panting all the time and they really are good at gaining fat so they'd be even hotter.

Maybe your silkies don't pant but I find mine to be fragile with weather and heat.

They have a lot of shade from the trees, and I keep the big coop door open day and night (don't have a problem with predators, just neighbor's dogs getting loose). I also put out ice bottles for the flock to lay against if they get hot (also do this for my rabbit).

They have a lot of shade from the trees, and I keep the big coop door open day and night (don't have a problem with predators, just neighbor's dogs getting loose). I also put out ice bottles for the flock to lay against if they get hot (also do this for my rabbit).

Yeah. I just don't want them to get hot at all, I baby them:p

Back
Top Bottom