Oregon

Hello all! I'm brand new to chickens, altho I'm looking forward to raising some, and learning lots more. We are in Corvallis also, the NW part. Seems to be a huge group of Oregonians here. Good to know! We are in the process of getting an outdoor area ready for our first chicks, hopefully by next month. This site seems to have a bunch of wonderful info and people... I will mostly be lurking, listening, and learning!

Quote:
I also told her about Wilco right in McMinnville where she lives. I heard the manager there lets people order some more "exotic" breeds. Our Wilco won't.

Last edited:
I know I posted this before, but I just wanted to get the info out again, show support for my sons 4H group!!

The Prairie Hatchers 4-H Club is having their 11th Annual Youth Invitational Poultry Show Feb 21, 2009 @ the Clark County Fairgrounds in Ridgefield Washington.

Here is the Schedule of Events

7:00 am Showroom Opens
9:00 am Judging begins
9:30 am Senior Showmanship
10:00 am Intermediate Showmanship
10:30 am Junior Showmanship
11:00 am Novice Showmanship
12:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Raffle
2:00 pm CHICK AUCTION

How did the show go?

Wanted to thank Carousal for the chickies I got from her the other day. They are fitting in nicely
smile.png

Eugene!!! I live in city limits, near the edge of town..not to many around me have chickens. many of my friends thought it was a funny thing to do, but they all benefit..with the overload of eggs!
D.gif
I keep six in my large backyard, along with my garden i try to be pretty self sufficient, for my children to learn about "real food" and of course the entertainment!..I can hear then now...making noise in the sunshine!
love.gif
My own little world!

Hello everyone I am new.
I live In The Dalles and just got my first chickens. 2 RIR , chicky pooh and beaker, 1 BR Atilla the hun, and last but not least though the smallest 1 <so called> Silkie named Fluff

Back
Top Bottom