Oregon

From Salem, Oregon! Right outside of town on the South side.

I had no idea there were so many people were from Oregon on here! I've got a flock of 20 in my coop and another 8 in the brooder box. I'm getting ready to put some on Craigslist and maybe here too now that I know so many people live around here! I've got too many, and needing to downsize soon.

Wow, I just back from Coastal feed in Albany and they are going to be getting a lot of chicks this year: Easter Eggers, Golden laced and Silver laced Wyandottes, Bantam assortment, Cornish X's, Golden Sex-links, Polish pullet assortment, Barred Rock's, Chukar, Mallards, Duck assortment, White & Bronze Turkeys, Guineas, Bobwhite Quail, Ringneck Pheasant.... And get this.. Mottled Javas!

Quote:
Oh I am excited! I usually shop at Del's here in Philomath and they really are not getting anything that different this year - Gold and Black Sex Links, RIR, Barred and Plymouth Rocks, bantams and EEs. Are they really getting Polish pullets???? I think I'm going to have to shop there this year. When do they start getting their chicks? Del's got theirs this week.

http://www.corvallisenvironmentalcenter.org/YGP/edibles.htm

Found
this today and thought I'd share for anyone in the area who is interested. My daughter and son want to go and I'm going to drag hubby along, lol. I'm really excited to see the different coops in the area and get some more ideas since we are getting started on a new one within the next few weeks. He did this little "whoop-di-doo" thing with his finger when I told him about it
lol.png

I'm placing an order with my pet chicken within the next two weeks and I wanted to offer anyone in the area (Philomath area, Corvallis, Albany even Lebanon) a chance to go in on the order with me. I am not pleased with the selection of chicks being offered at the local feed stores and I am finally breaking down and getting the silkies, frizzles and polish chicks I've been dreaming about.

I am going to be ordering between 10-15 chicks for shipment in late May-early June. If you are interested, PM me and we can work out the details. I would be willing to deliver your chicks to you even if you want.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh I am excited! I usually shop at Del's here in Philomath and they really are not getting anything that different this year - Gold and Black Sex Links, RIR, Barred and Plymouth Rocks, bantams and EEs. Are they really getting Polish pullets???? I think I'm going to have to shop there this year. When do they start getting their chicks? Del's got theirs this week.

Ya, they already had the sign and brooder set up and everything. Really pleased with their selection this year.

I went to Albany's Coastal Farm and Ranch today and they were out of everything but meat birds, turkeys, and game birds.
They said supply was limited from the hatchery this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom