Oregon

Hey Oregon peeps, I live in WA but close to Portland. Do you all know anyone local who makes coops that can deliver partially disassembled so I can get it into my yard easily? I have seen 2 localish (Portland) builders on CL and FB but they don't respond to my inquiry. I need a coop run combo that I can put together myself quickly. Please feel free to DM me. Thanks!

Hey Oregon peeps, I live in WA but close to Portland. Do you all know anyone local who makes coops that can deliver partially disassembled so I can get it into my yard easily? I have seen 2 localish (Portland) builders on CL and FB but they don't respond to my inquiry. I need a coop run combo that I can put together myself quickly. Please feel free to DM me. Thanks!
How big are you looking for?

I'm interested as well. I'll have 3 hens for myself.

Hi from Portland. I'm new to raising chickens. What do ya'll find is the best material to put down in the run?
Welcome! How many birds in what square footage of space in the run? Fixed or tractor style setup? Covered, uncovered, partially covered?This will factor into which management approaches will or wont be a good fit.
My personal favorite is true deep litter, but it requires the right balance of space to bird to work right. It is particularly well suited to the wet pnw... functioning like a good forest floor where wetness is easily absorbed without mud (or nasty, stinky muck from chicken waste)...it composts in place and, done right, requires little to almost no work....toss on some fresh materiel (wood chips-not shavings-, leaf litter, yard debris/grass clippings, corn husks, etc) as needed, when stirring is needed, toss a handful of scratch in there. Clean out as needed...could be once a year or less

Back
Top Bottom