Oregon

I'm interested as well. I'll have 3 hens for myself.

If you can get ahold of the Best Coops guy, he will do it in good weather. I called and emailed like 6 times with no reply, but when I finally got someone he came out a week later, assembled my coop onsite for a reasonable fee and was really nice. Its a solid thing, I am very happy with it. Once I get it finished painted and scaped I will post a pic.

http://bestcoops.net/index.html

Hi all. I'm in Oregon City and am in the mood for getting a couple or 3 more chicks for my tiny city flock (oh, how I miss my acreage!). I am fine getting them from Coastal or Wilco but would like to find a nice little farm who just loves chickens and has some extra. I'm hoping for a speckled Sussex, maybe a salmon faverolle and something else. Any ideas? I need calm, gentle chickens to go with my 2 calm, gentle girls. TYIA

Depends on what you want.
I'm looking for a Speckled Sussex, maybe a Salmon Faverolle. I have an Ameraucana and a Lavender Orpington. I also am considering a Blue Lace Red Wyandotte or a Silver Lace Wyandotte. I would love each of my girls to lay different colored eggs so I know who is laying but I don't know that that will work right now.

I'm looking for a Speckled Sussex, maybe a Salmon Faverolle. I have an Ameraucana and a Lavender Orpington. I also am considering a Blue Lace Red Wyandotte or a Silver Lace Wyandotte. I would love each of my girls to lay different colored eggs so I know who is laying but I don't know that that will work right now.
The hatchery stock from wilco is good, if you want closer to sop for each breed, there are tons of poultry breeding folks with varying quality of birds around the area but not so sure about those specific breeds with the exception of the blrw, there are some nice birds being turned out by kismet farms in scappoose.

Hello to all Oregonian. I've recently moved to Gaston and started chicken raising. I got 2 groups of chickens about 3 weeks apart. First group is 5 chickens got them July 1st: 2 Easter egg Americans, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock and 1 crested Polish. The second batch is 3 Silkies still indoors. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I need to do to winterize my flock?

Thank you for your time

Hello to all Oregonian. I've recently moved to Gaston and started chicken raising. I got 2 groups of chickens about 3 weeks apart. First group is 5 chickens got them July 1st: 2 Easter egg Americans, 2 Barred Plymouth Rock and 1 crested Polish. The second batch is 3 Silkies still indoors. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I need to do to winterize my flock?

Thank you for your time

I’m also in Gaston, small world!

For winterizing make sure they have a dry predator proof sleeping area. I don’t provide heat in the winter to any that are fully feathered since we honestly don’t get too cold or snowy usually.

Back
Top Bottom