Oregon

Who are some good vets that work on chickens around Portland? I haven’t had any issues requiring one yet but it would be nice to know just for future reference.

I had a series of veterinary adventures with one of my chickens this summer and the kind folks over at the Avian and Exotic Veterinary Center up on Sandy Boulevard were just fantastic.

Apparently there is also an avian-only clinic in Lake Oswego who are supposed to be very nice, as well.

If you need after hours emergency vet care for your birds, DoveLewis does also handle bird as does the emergency vet in Tualatin.

I had a series of veterinary adventures with one of my chickens this summer and the kind folks over at the Avian and Exotic Veterinary Center up on Sandy Boulevard were just fantastic.

Apparently there is also an avian-only clinic in Lake Oswego who are supposed to be very nice, as well.

If you need after hours emergency vet care for your birds, DoveLewis does also handle bird as does the emergency vet in Tualatin.
thank you so much!! i appreciate it a ton

3-month old Lavendar Orpington Rooster needs re-homing-NE Portland. Our lovely Lavender Orpington lady is really a rooster. We are not allowed roosters in our area. We are looking to re-home him. Our first choice would be a place he can live out his life, but if that's not possible, we can accept that option. We live in NE Portland (Parkrose neighborhood).
ooops. That should say 5-mo old

Hi!

I'm in Oregon, we are in the process of moving to a larger place with 0.75 acre (finally), so of course we are getting chickens! Most of the varieties I want to get can be found locally.

Murray McMurray has a variety that is Whiting True Blue and Whiting True Green. They sound like a cross breed from the beloved Easter egg varieties, but raised for brighter eggs/possibly higher egg production. I'd like to order some, but don't really need 6 (order minimum).

Wanted to ask if anyone wanted to go in on an order? I would look for delivery in April 2021.

If not, I may just end up ordering, and then re-home a couple. I know I can fine Araucanas,/Ameraucanas, but I was interested in trying these True Blue/Greens.

Thanks in advance,
C

Hi!

I'm in Oregon, we are in the process of moving to a larger place with 0.75 acre (finally), so of course we are getting chickens! Most of the varieties I want to get can be found locally.

Murray McMurray has a variety that is Whiting True Blue and Whiting True Green. They sound like a cross breed from the beloved Easter egg varieties, but raised for brighter eggs/possibly higher egg production. I'd like to order some, but don't really need 6 (order minimum).

Wanted to ask if anyone wanted to go in on an order? I would look for delivery in April 2021.

If not, I may just end up ordering, and then re-home a couple. I know I can fine Araucanas,/Ameraucanas, but I was interested in trying these True Blue/Greens.

Thanks in advance,
C
I would be interested in splitting an order from McMurray. What part of oregon are you in? I'm between salem and portland.

Hey All! I have a few chickens now and looking to take in any hens which need rehoming. I am in the Portland area, reach out if I can help!
*I wish I could take roosters but that is not an option right now.

Hey y'all! I posted in buy/sell/trade but I figured I'd try here as well. I have a sweet single silkie roo who I'm trying to find a young silkie hen/pullet to pair with. I'm hoping for a girl young enough to bond to me and my roo, but old enough that I can reasonably expect her to mother silkie babies come spring/summer 😍 I am located in portland, but am willing to drive anywhere within a few hours for the right girl. Reply here or message me any leads!

Back
Top Bottom