Oregon

Hi All,
I have tried unsuccessfully to merge my existing flock with an adopted flock and as sad as it makes me I need to rehome the adopted flock. :(

Quick Background:
I came across a lady looking to kill her 3 non-laying hens (1 Buff Orpington and 2 Rhode Island Reds). I quickly adopted them into my flock trying to save their lives but they are continually at odds with my two current hens and after months of trying all sorts of things I think it is best if I pass them on to a better home. They are not laying anymore but are very friendly and regularly 'hang out' with my dog while free ranging. They would be perfect for a home looking for a little company in the back yard. They may be better with other chickens their size!

Their names are Buff Betty (Buff Orpington), Lady Day and Lucille (Rhode Island Reds). Please let me know if you are willing to consider them, I am really hoping I can send them off to a good home.

I am located in Portland, Oregon but willing to drive.

Lovely birds, hope someone comes forward, too bad I promised my husband I would downsize some. I have an older garden/compost turner flock they might have gotten along with.

best of luck!

Breda fowl chicks! 13 left. Blues, blacks, and splash. Hatched 4/6. NPIP, Boring, OR. Straight-run. www.blueacreshomestead.com

Another batch hatching 4/12.

Attachments

• PXL_20210407_192220337 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210407_192220337 (1).jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20210407_192253176.PORTRAIT (1).jpg
    PXL_20210407_192253176.PORTRAIT (1).jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210409_015825403.jpg
    PXL_20210409_015825403.jpg
    848 KB · Views: 1
  • 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200419152026401_COVER.jpg
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200419152026401_COVER.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 1
Lovely birds, hope someone comes forward, too bad I promised my husband I would downsize some. I have an older garden/compost turner flock they might have gotten along with.

best of luck!
Thank you! Please reach out if you have suggestions or a home!

Checking back in. Unfortunately we are one hen down (Neighbors dog) and my drake is unable to fertilize :( We are really hoping to keep our all Magpie flock and are wanting to breed. I know of a drake locally but needing to boost my hen numbers. Does anyone have any Magpies in Oregon? I am outside Portland but willing to drive/meet a safe distance.

Hi all, We are in Monmouth and have some rare breeds hatching this week. They are Ayam Cemani from Feather Lover Farm stock (4), Frisian Gulls from Greenfire Farm stock (6). Please message me if you are interested. We prefer pick up this Friday-Sunday. All chicks are vaccinated for Marek Disease if requested.

Last edited:
Checking back in. Unfortunately we are one hen down (Neighbors dog) and my drake is unable to fertilize :( We are really hoping to keep our all Magpie flock and are wanting to breed. I know of a drake locally but needing to boost my hen numbers. Does anyone have any Magpies in Oregon? I am outside Portland but willing to drive/meet a safe distanc
Hi all, We are in Monmouth and have some rare breeds hatching this week. They are Ayam Cemani from Feather Lover Farm stock (4), Frisian Gulls from Greenfire Farm stock (6). We also have Barnevelder 2week old pullets. Please message me if you are interested. We prefer pick up this Friday-Sunday. All chicks are vaccinated for Marek Disease if requested.
Checking back in. Unfortunately we are one hen down (Neighbors dog) and my drake is unable to fertilize :( We are really hoping to keep our all Magpie flock and are wanting to breed. I know of a drake locally but needing to boost my hen numbers. Does anyone have any Magpies in Oregon? I am outside Portland but willing to drive/meet a safe distance.
There is a source for Ducklings in Dallas if you are interested.

I let my sister-in-law keep one chick from our last fibro project hatch and it ended up being a handsome young cockerel. This is Prunie. He's not attempted crowing yet, likes hanging out on shoulders and is free to a good home. Beaverton area. Willing to drive to surrounding area to rehome.
prune2.jpg

prune1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom