Oregon

Pics
The Shop is Quilt in a Day in San Marcos. I preordered a WHOLE lot of fabric to pick up.
lol.png

I like Marrietas. There is one in La Mesa, and one in El Cajon and one in San Marcos.

Quote:
Sorry, haven't noticed any, but also haven't been looking. If I remember I'll look next time I'm there, but that might be awhile.

Terrielacey, at present the roads are just fine in the Roseburg area, but that of course doesn't mean that the passes further south are the same. Tripcheck, or the like, is your best bet, I'd say - or you could just go down the coast
smile.png

The sun is wonderful! I went out and pruned my roses, and helped hubby get the chick brooder all ready for our 25 babies coming in the mail tomorrow.

I can't wait to see our new flock!

Happy Early Birthday Redfeathers!
big_smile.png

Deborah, I can't wait to see pictures of your new babies. I've got my camera batteries all charged because my chicks are arriving on Wednesday!! I'm so excited - I told my husband this pretty much wipes out all feelings of wanting to have more children. He looked relieved.
lol.png

I'm also happy about the weather because it means much higher chances that no chicks will get too cold in transit. Who did you order chicks from? Mine are coming from Ideal - after MUCH shopping around.

~Alexis

Alexis, I ordered my chicks from Welp hatchery, like you after much shopping around. I used to always order from Murray-McMurray, but after checking the prices Welp's is much cheaper. The reason being, their prices on everything includes the shipping charges! I saved about $35 on shipping alone by ordering from them. Later on I will be ordering some geese from them as well.

The PO just called and my chicks are here! Gotta go pick them up! Will post pictures later today.

Oh! I'm excited for you!

Like you, I am turned off by large shipping costs. I used Ideal - partly because they had what I wanted and at a lower cost and partly because they were in a warmer climate but mostly it was because they only tacked on 12 cents per chick to airmail them to me. Since I was only getting a smaller order, it was fine by me!

~Alexis

Back
Top Bottom