Oregon

I've been doing some research on the whole permit thing, I think I agree with my husband too, wont worry about it unless someone complains. Our yard is not large living here in Portland, but it's real private, we have a large 8-10 ft hedge on 3 sides. Neighbor behind us know I have chickens, but I give her egg's, I've also made it very clear to her to let me know if she has any concerns. I hate living in the city.
duc.gif
Chickboss are you coming to the meetup?

I'm wondering how many will be attending the coop tour in Bend May 8th? It turns out I'm going to be in town and already purchased my book. I was hoping there would be more coops in town for us smaller broods to check out, but being the first year I'm just excited it's even running! Weather permitting I was thinking about breakfast at Chow(eggs, veggies, and meats come from local farms and growers as much as possible), and then when it starts hitting the coops on the westide first if anyone wants to join!

I would love to make that one! I have 2 trips coming up already, one to Beaverton, yeah Beaverton. Maybe next year
smile.png
Hopefully someone will take extensive pics and post on flickr or a blog?

Quote:
Dunno if you are familiar with the Portland area, but, whatever else you do, do not miss the Saturday Farmer's Market on the South Park Blocks near PSU. The three major things I miss about Portland are the restaurants, the Farmer's Market and Powell's Books.

The winter weather, the traffic and the crowds, not so much.

Both my partner and I used to live in Portland, he went to culinary school and did alot of stuff with the farmers, and the Hood River area too. Sometimes we drive out there for the day or weekend just to walk through Powells, eat ethnic food (Lebonese, yum!) and visit the market in the summer. If we could figure out a way to live in Pdx we would...

Just didn't want you to miss that Farmer's Market....

Speaking of Oregon-specific things, does anyone know where Grange Co-op and Big R get their chicks? I got my chicks from Grange Co-op - gah, I went in there yesterday and they had a huge tub of straight-run bantams, possible THE cutest chicks ever. I resisted, but it was difficult, and it was only possible because I think I might already have 2 cockerels out of 6 chicks, and I can guarantee you that out of straight run chicks I'd manage to pick all roosters. If there had been any Silkies in the bantams, I doubt I could have resisted, rooster or no....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom