Oregon

Milwaukie, OR here! I built my coop myself this spring in the worst weather possible while my husband had pneumonia:( and couldn't help. Yes, it was not unusual to see me out in my yard hammering away with completely numb fingers while the hail poured out of the sky. It was worth it though. My pullets have a comfy home that they love now and I can sit back and relax, waiting for the sunshine to get here:cool:

Glad to see Oregon is representing so well!

Welcome
smile.png

Hey Homegroanacres, how your hometown has changed, huh? HR is CRAZY anymore... so expensive, so trendy.
roll.png
I remember when it was decaying warehouses for Diamond Fruit and Janzen Sportswear. My grandpa bought land in Mosier for $1000 an acre back in the 70's. It's all out of control now.

BUT I LOVE LIVING OUT HERE AND WOULD NEVER LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE!

Born and raised in P-town, btw.
wink.png

Quote:
I currently have six 9 week olds....2 BAs, 1 Lt Brahma, 1 NHR, 1 Ameraucana and 1 SLW.

However, I just ordered 21 from Meyer that will be here in the end of July....

5 Salmon Faverolles, 3 Ameraucanas, 2 RIR, 4 Golden Buffs, and 1 each of BO, Dominique, Partridge Rock, BA, Red Cochin, GLW and Blue Cochin.

We are moving the end of July also so...it should interesting!

Blu is comin on in from the cold in Tenmile, OR. Some old timers will know me and those that don't hopefully soon will. SAAAALUTE Ok, if you never watched Hee-Haw you might not appreciate that last bit.

Last edited:
Quote:
Is it againt the law in the whole city of Salem or just Marion County, Salem. I'm in Polk County, Salem. I'm up in the hills of West Salem, a couple miles past the high school. Just curious. I think I'll be calling someone with the city on Tues. I cant find any info about this on their website or any info on the internet.

I have 10 two week olds and40 eggs in the incubator right now and would be so upset if I have to get rid of them. I honestly didnt think about any of this because we came from Portland a couple years ago and had them there. Figured could have them here since there is way more agriculture/farm here. Go figure!!

Quote:
Is it againt the law in the whole city of Salem or just Marion County, Salem. I'm in Polk County, Salem. I'm up in the hills of West Salem, a couple miles past the high school. Just curious. I think I'll be calling someone with the city on Tues. I cant find any info about this on their website or any info on the internet.

I have 10 two week olds and40 eggs in the incubator right now and would be so upset if I have to get rid of them. I honestly didnt think about any of this because we came from Portland a couple years ago and had them there. Figured could have them here since there is way more agriculture/farm here. Go figure!!

I am in Marion County and the code is written that "any bird or furbearing animal including livestock and poultry in not allowed in salem city limits including the Salem Kiezer Urban Growth Boundry.

For your area I would call Polk county planning or public works. Find out about what zone you are in and what is the code for chickens. Or if all your neighbors are ok with your chickens dont worry about it even the nieghbors that would be able to hear hens cackling over the eggs they just laid. I know others keep chickens in Salem, the have accepting neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom