Oregon

Quote:
Sooo...... you live way behind the Safeway, do ya? And you're conspiring in activities involving unsupervised chicken swaps, egg trading and incubator charity behind the A & W near Corvalis....HMMM... I think you should come down to the station to answer a few more questions!!!

Hi YA to all the newbies
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

(as if I am not a newbie also
gig.gif
)

Come to think of it I am not sure that I would want to be a
newbie in the Oregon group!
lau.gif
you just might get sucked
into a vortex of chicken dealin, swapin, travelin and just general
tom fool er ree.
yippiechickie.gif

John
old.gif

Quote:
You said it John, now this mess is spreading to other threads at BYC! OHH what kind of monster has been created??? I'm comptemplating dealing in AZ - OH NO! Did I say that out loud??????????? Please do Not call the authorities!

Ha! Just found this...
bun.gif

I live in Lebanon, well just out of Lebanon. Somehow I decided to raise my own meat chickens and have been sucked into egg production too!! Beyond my already motley assortment of creatures all on 14 acres.

The current crew (including non-poultry) consists of:
3 Barred Rocks (2 pullets, 1 unknown possible a roo
sad.png
) - 6 weeks old
12 Cornish Cross - 6 weeks old
13 Cornish Corss - 3 weeks old
2 horses
8 sheep (anyone want to buy a ram or ewes?)
2 goats
a cat
a dog
a plecostamous
and
1 farm-raised boyfriend.

Just a question, anyone know of a good poultry butcher I can go to and approx what they charge?

Beyond that I am a 22yr old college student at Linn Benton Community College studying Animal Science and Equine Science. Though I am thinking when I go to the Uni, not sure where yet but possibly OSU, about switching to Poultry Sci and Organic Farm Management.

Cheers!
Ali

So who is near Bend? I'm checking to see so I can get someone to come look at what we have done so far and see if we are on the right track. If there is anyone near by and would like to come over and give us some advice drop me a line. Thanks, Chris

Quote:
Pistils Nursery on N Mississippi is a great resource. Through them I was able to connect with someone from the NW Poultry Association - Dennis Brandt. I had to find homes for two roos last year. This year we bought 2 pullets from Dennis on Pullet Day at Pistils. His number is 503 474 1045.

Cindy

By chance did you type the number wrong it says that number is out of service.

Quote:
Pistils Nursery on N Mississippi is a great resource. Through them I was able to connect with someone from the NW Poultry Association - Dennis Brandt. I had to find homes for two roos last year. This year we bought 2 pullets from Dennis on Pullet Day at Pistils. His number is 503 474 1045.

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom