Oregon

Hey all....I'm the WA thread killer today, so though I'd see if any Oregonians are on before I go posting my big long dillema.....
pop.gif

Thanks.
smile.png
I think I've made a decision, but I'll post it anyway.

I am thinking of selling off my LF Ameraucana flock in favor of working on a LF BBS Faverolles flock....just trying to decide for sure...getting opinions.

Pros:

I already have the birds I need to get started on the project
Faverolles are by far my favorite breed
Nobody else is really working on them....

Cons:

It'll be a LOOOOONG project
I don't have room for another LF coop, so the Ams will have to go (I'll still have my bantam Ams though)

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that would be a hard choice. It sounds like you really want to stick with the Favs and you do such a good job with them anyways. I say go for it
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think the Pros have it! Good luck to you. I've just ordered eggs of 2 new breeds for me. I'm getting Lemon Cuckoo Orps and Dark Brahmas. Well, I have a pretty Dark Brahma pullet that has decided to set on some of my Splash Marans eggs. I had two DB roosters but I'm very embarrassed to say, I didn't realize my DB pullet was the same breed so I gave them away. I had purchased a bunch of day old banties at about the same time I hatched out purchased eggs. When everybody grew up, I had lost track of who was who. That's a silly newbie for ya!

And coop space?? I guess that should be a consideration..... I'll have to ponder that one before I order any more eggs! Or chicks..... or.....
hide.gif

gotta give props to Cloverleaf who saved our little Holly baby.. she was found hunkered down and letting the other hens peck at her and not moving very much. Took her in found that her crop was full and warm. called CLF she gave sound advice
2 days later Holly is spry and giving everybody hell..Thank you
wee.gif

We are sooo grateful for you !!
hugs.gif

as far as giving Fi that hard project please do..little ingrate:mad:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom