Oregon

Quote:
I thought I heard Concentrates had it - 503.234.7501. Or, I am considering ordering a big bag and would be happy to split it if you'd like.
smile.png

Thanks for posting about Pistills' pullet day! I have been looking for just one more to join the other girls.

ETA - The food grade DE I am looking at is $5.19 for 5lbs (from Azure Standard). Larger bags are less per ounce, but after reading the warning about not breathing it I'd rather not divvy up a big bag after all. Anyway, if you want a 5lb bag, PM me by Tuesday morning and I will add it to my order.
smile.png

Be careful...Azure doesn't pack their DE too well and I got some in my eye just moving the bag. That was not fun.

Hi there, Oregonians!

I live in SE Portland with my family and 3 new chicks, a Buff Orphington, Black Australorp and a Golden Sex-Link. They came from Burns feed store.

One is sick (coccidosis). My poor Australorp is almost half the size of the others after 1 week. I have medication for her. I just hope she'll pull through ok.

But in the meantime, I'm wishing I had gotten 1 or 2 more chicks.

We're going on the Tour of Coops this weekend and then we need to get down to business with construction of our coop before these ladies are taking over the house.

We have 20 feet of welded 1 in wire that we can't use, by the way. If anyone needs some good strong wire...get in touch!

--Adrienne

Hello and greetings to all Oregonians!
I am from LaPine, just 15 miles south of Sunriver. Our family has welcomed 9 new baby chicks, they are roughly 4 weeks old. 4 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Australorps and hoping the other 2 are bantam Cochins(my avatar shows 1 of the 2). I will post some pics as soon as I have them resized. We also have an 8 year old Ameraucana Hen, we call her Whitey and she lays green eggs. She's very tame and follows us everywhere. She's a true gem! We've had Whitey since she was 1 week old and our cat buddies with her everyday.
So we have transformed Whitey's coop to accomadate the 9 chicks in a seperate house inside. They are spoiled already with heat lamp, roosting bar, wireless thermometer, security camera system(I am a watchful Mommy hen) and room to run. They are a joy to watch and look forward to the enjoyment they'll give us.
Have a great weekend!
Cheers!
smile.png

Last edited:
Hello from Springfield/Eugene area. Got my first chicks this spring and I have to agree - they are addictive! Started with 6 (3 barred rocks and 3 RIR), then saw some Aracaunas and some black sex-links, so I got 4 and 2 of each respectively, then found some Silver-Laced Wyandottes, so got two of those (they're a couple weeks younger than my others). Then someone was getting rid of a Golden-Laced Wyandotte roo - took him in. Then saw a hen that someone was getting rid of and I thought she looked like a Golden-Laced Wyandotte, so I got her. So in case you're not counting, we have 16 now. I think we have 4 roos though. One we actually wanted (GLW) but the other 3 we didn't expect. One BR, One Aracauna (EE), and I think a Black Sex-link (not positive but suspect it since one is growing a comb and good size wattles while the other - same age - is not). I know I should have at least 8 hens per roo but the hatcheries are not sexing 98% correctly! As a matter of fact, my bunch was only 79% accurate.

Oh well. I really like my roosters though and I honestly don't think I'd trade them. We live out in the country and I don't think our neighbors will think they're obnoxious since they're pretty far away. Can always bring over a dozen eggs every so often as a peace offering I suppose. :)

Anyone else here from Springfield area?

Back
Top Bottom