Oregon

Great places to eat in SE Portland for lunch: The Detour Cafe on Division and about 28th or so. Our first choice, always.

Jam on Hawthorne is supposed to be awesome, but I've never eaten there.

Por Que No? On upper Hawthorne. Excellent authentic Mexican, and across the street has...

To die for Deli sandwiches at East Side Deli on Hawthorne, eat at a restaurant, take sandwiches home with you.

Thank you thank you! After we went to the art store, we went up the orad, and found a nice wine store, where we got a couple of bottles of really nice wine to go with Easter dinner, then on to Por Que No. It was really fabulous food. It was later than normal lunch so not too crowded. Himself said they were the best tacos he's ever had, and he knows his tacos. I had the calamari taco and that was really good too.

Here is my new rooster, Henry. He is French and small. so I was going to name him Napolean, but that just seemed too obvious!
lau.gif

I am fascinated by my chickens behavior. I brought Henry home yesterday and put him in one side of the coop, all the others were on the other side. At bedtime Henry went into the chicks former covered nest to sleep, (he is still pretty young) the hen with chicks went in the first nest where she originally was broody, the other 3 on their roost as usual. Today I let all the chickens together and there was a little bit of pecking, but not much. Henry spent most of the day inside the coop where he felt safe, but by late afternoon he was venturing farther outside. Tonight I left all the doors open and he went back to the place he slept last night, the hen & chicks went back to their spot on the other side and everyone is happy.
It is just interesting that the new rooster would know his way around after just one day, and that the hen went back to her favorite nest after being locked away from it for 2 months!

I am fascinated by my chickens behavior. I brought Henry home yesterday and put him in one side of the coop, all the others were on the other side. At bedtime Henry went into the chicks former covered nest to sleep, (he is still pretty young) the hen with chicks went in the first nest where she originally was broody, the other 3 on their roost as usual. Today I let all the chickens together and there was a little bit of pecking, but not much. Henry spent most of the day inside the coop where he felt safe, but by late afternoon he was venturing farther outside. Tonight I left all the doors open and he went back to the place he slept last night, the hen & chicks went back to their spot on the other side and everyone is happy.
It is just interesting that the new rooster would know his way around after just one day, and that the hen went back to her favorite nest after being locked away from it for 2 months!

That's great! I'm glad he's fitting in!! :) And I LOVE that you named him Henry!! I have a Henry too, and this is my 3rd Henry, and I know several others that have Faverolles roos named Henry too!
lol.png
clap.gif

What a smart Roo you have the girls must have shown him around.
wink.png
I like the name Henry too he is such a handsome boy!

Back
Top Bottom