Oregon

not sure how to pm on this site yet so pm me, I just bought silkies today, got them in Vancouver though!
Welcome to the Oregon thread!!
frow.gif

Thanks I'll try this. But 1) it's going to be hard to do with that flat Wyandotte comb! and 2) I'm still of a mind to get rid of her. Chicken owning should be fun! I don't want to have dominance wars with the hens. I already have to fight for dominance with everybody and everything else in my life! Too difficult. I want calm, submissive, sweet, friendly hens. I want more like my sweet barred rock!
I am new here and i agree completely, I want chickens that when I go in the coop are nice!!!! I did raise dogs, Newfie's matter of fact. I had 6 litters over a 10 year period, two bitches and one stud. All my newfies were great, except one pup. She was born with a alpha dog personality from the time she was in the litter. I kept her for 10 months because I knew my older ***** would not let her take position of Alpha because she was, although she was a patient and loving dog. Then I rehomed her she attacked the new owners mom chihuahua! Sometimes you just get one that just doesn't fit the typical breed standard. I too have a wyandotte hen that could take me or leave me! :(

Thanks I'll try this. But 1) it's going to be hard to do with that flat Wyandotte comb! and 2) I'm still of a mind to get rid of her. Chicken owning should be fun! I don't want to have dominance wars with the hens. I already have to fight for dominance with everybody and everything else in my life! Too difficult. I want calm, submissive, sweet, friendly hens. I want more like my sweet barred rock!
Buff Orps are the way to go if you want sweet and easy going. I'm sure there are a few out there, but for the most part I have never seen an aggressive BO. Even the roosters tend to be sweet.

I know this is WAY off topic, but does anyone in the general Salem area have any kittens? We have been cat-less for a few months now and the mice are getting bad. I would really like 2 kittens, they would live in our hay/feed shed under the same conditions as our old cats. 1 was 14 years old and the other was 17 years old when they died, so they had long happy lives! We have never been without a cat before!

Cloverleaf,

What kind of Chickens do you have :)?
I have.....
Large fowl Salmon Faverolles, also starting lines of buff, blue and black LF Faverolles
Bantam Faverolles in salmon, blue salmon, black, blue, splash, buff, working on partridge, and getting whites soon

Bantam Ameraucanas in blue and black

Bantam Sumatras in blue and black

And a few Silkies and Seramas

LOL
And a few blue Swedish ducks just for kicks.
wink.png

(Can you tell I'm a fan of blue?)
gig.gif

Last edited:
So, one of the blue marans went broody so told DH, hey, let's try it and put a few of my darkest eggs under her. Then yesterday, behold a silkie went broody, ask DH
hide.gif
if I should just go ahead and throw eggs under her too. He was like Sure, go for it
ep.gif
love.gif
So, now let's just all take a moment to pray for my husband that there isn't a sudden avalanche of broodies, tee hee. This could be fun though I'd better start selling either adults or chicks then, lol.

Back
Top Bottom