Oregon

FourandSix Florence here.... Welcome to the funny farm!
woot.gif

Hi there! I will be visiting Bend Oregon on vacation in a few weeks. I know my husband wants to mountain bike.... I want to see CHICKENS.... lol...

What does anyone on the route from San Diego to Bend have for sale? LOL, this may heat this thread up..... or you can PM me :)

LOVED the new pics from Cluck N' Chatter ranch. Such cuties!

So I'm getting 2 new chicks to go with my bantams, in case I have to get rid of Honey the roo.

I'm so indecisive....1 choice are 2 Favorelles that are 8 wks old....however one has a pretty severe cross beak. And I'm worried about longevity and complications. The other option has some Easter eggers and a black polish tophat or something like that. She says they are 7 weeks old.....but they don't have all their feathers in yet.
Would you guys take a chance with one of the Favorelles having that cross beak? She says she eats just fine.

I just worry about complication s down the road.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
LOVED the new pics from Cluck N' Chatter ranch. Such cuties!

So I'm getting 2 new chicks to go with my bantams, in case I have to get rid of Honey the roo.

I'm so indecisive....1 choice are 2 Favorelles that are 8 wks old....however one has a pretty severe cross beak. And I'm worried about longevity and complications. The other option has some Easter eggers and a black polish tophat or something like that. She says they are 7 weeks old.....but they don't have all their feathers in yet.
Would you guys take a chance with one of the Favorelles having that cross beak? She says she eats just fine.

I just worry about complication s down the road.

What do you guys think?

If they're just for a mixed backyard flock, there's nothing wrong with having a cross beaked chicken. Yes, you have to watch that they don't start getting thin, or picked on by the other birds, but a friend of mine had a Wyandotte hen with a SEVERE cross beak for years that did just fine... ;)

Back
Top Bottom