tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
So I feed Organic to my hens.
Want to get some chicks and do the raising in the coop with the Mamma Heating pad. That is if it ever stops snowing where I can get in and make it.

BUT I can't find All Flock that is Non-GMO or Organic -- with out spending $40 a bag !

Anyone done this?

The hens eat Crumbles so that is not the issue. Issue is it is layer feed. Was hoping to switch to All Flock, or maybe a Grower ? I am just limited here with what is available

Ya, I couldn't find it either. :hmm

I decided if I wanted to go that way... I would just have to go with starter and OS on the side for the ladies. I don't believe the 22% protein (max I've seen in starter) will harm your ladies.

And nope... haven't seen it for less than about $40 ish.

@song of joy Yes we have that at TSC.
I never thought about it as an All Flock, but it is only 18% . How well do they do during Molt ?
I didn't realize that different manufacturers also called them Grower. I just assumes that was just for Meat birds and formulated as such.

I lied about the price of GM non-GMO broiler/grower. It is $20 in NH, and 21% protein.
That is a better price then I thought !
Now to get them to eat it. Had issues before, maybe they won't be so picky now.

Last edited:
I use Nature's Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower as an all-flock feed for my entire flock year-round (laying hens, roosters, cockerels, pullets, chicks, birds in molt). It's organic and non-GMO, but I don't know if it's sold in New Englan
I use Nature's Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower as an all-flock feed for my entire flock year-round (laying hens, roosters, cockerels, pullets, chicks, birds in molt). It's organic and non-GMO, but I don't know if it's sold in New England.
Do you feel like this is a good affordable way to feel your entire flock? There has to be a way to feed the entire flock with just one bag. I have using 4 bags right now. So much work.

I use Nature's Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower as an all-flock feed for my entire flock year-round (laying hens, roosters, cockerels, pullets, chicks, birds in molt). It's organic and non-GMO, but I don't know if it's sold in New England.
I looked it up and it stated to stop feeding when the hens start laying. I am in the same predicament with hens, pullets and a cockerel.

I looked it up and it stated to stop feeding when the hens start laying. I am in the same predicament with hens, pullets and a cockerel.
You do not have to stop feeding your chick starter when the hens start laying. The bag only states that because hens need calcium and they want you to switch to their layer feed. You can continue to feed the chick starter as long as you provide oyster shells on the side for your hens.

Back
Top Bottom