Organic plant based feed for chickens?

Mtnchickenmom

Chirping
Jun 16, 2020
Northern California
Anyone know if there’s such a thing for chickens or something organic? I was just talking to my daughter and she mentioned how she loved having chickens because we get “organic” eggs for “free” lol and I thought about how our food is not really organic I’ve been feeding them Purina layena pellets. Thanks in advance! 😉

here’s a picture of my Alice she’s so curious 🙃

Attachments

• F43E63D4-5852-4111-B97D-3E9D1CE668C7.jpeg
    F43E63D4-5852-4111-B97D-3E9D1CE668C7.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 3
Anyone know if there’s such a thing for chickens or something organic? I was just talking to my daughter and she mentioned how she loved having chickens because we get “organic” eggs for “free” lol and I thought about how our food is not really organic I’ve been feeding them Purina layena pellets. Thanks in advance! 😉

here’s a picture of my Alice she’s so curious 🙃
I believe Purina has an Organic Chicken Feed that you can purchase. You may have to order it online.
In Central Wisconsin, we have a small co-op country store that has organic chicken feed, I think it is organic but I haven't tried it.

I believe Purina has an Organic Chicken Feed that you can purchase. You may have to order it online.
In Central Wisconsin, we have a small co-op country store that has organic chicken feed, I think it is organic but I haven't tried it.

That’s a bummer i hate to buy any of my pet food online after I got some infested dog food once..

The organic chicken food here in California costs nearly twice as much as the regular hen food. I like to have "organic eggs" but not sure its worth the price. I wonder if organic food helps the hens to live longer?:confused:
Not really a surprise everything “organic” seems to be way overpriced here! Lol but I want to look into it or at least a more natural one

If you want actual certified organic eggs, the chickens would need to be raised organically from the start. Switching them to organic after months on conventional feed doesn't mean you'll get suddenly get organic eggs.

If you just want "organic enough" then you can switch to organic feed, sure. There's a lot of organic feeds out there, and most feeds in general are plant based because animal protein is expensive.

Anyone know if there’s such a thing for chickens or something organic?
My local TSC (Tractor Supply Co) carries organic and non-GMO poultry feed.
I don't feed Organic, but if I did, I like Nature's Best.
They also have Purina Organic, DuMOR Organic and non-GMO, and other brands of organic and non-GMO
Check their website for poultry feed and put in your zip code to find what they carry at your store.
You can order feed if they don't carry what you like and they'll deliver to your store. GC

Back
Top Bottom